Russia

onway

Are there any direct flights from Dublin - Russia???What travel company does holidays in Russia??

I dont know about package holidays but the way I did it was to book flights separately and stay with a friend in Moscow.

The biggest problem is obtaining a visa.You find this information online . I didnt find them helpful at all in the Russian embassy over the phone.

[broken link removed]

Next is travelling there :

The cheapest way I found to get to Moscow is to fly from Germany

If you can find a cheap connecting flight with Ryanair to Berlin from Dublin or any of the other airports departing for Russia then you've got a good deal IMO.

If you can find a cheap connecting flight with Ryanair to Berlin from Dublin or any of the other airports departing for Russia then you've got a good deal IMO.

Note though that Ryanair do not do connecting flights - you need to allow time in Berlin for the Ryanair flight to be late and to collect your luggage. Ryanair will not through check either you or your luggage. If your incoming flight is late and you miss your germanwings flight, neither Ryanair nor Germanwings will take responsibility for you and you will be on your own.

But hey, who's ever heard of a plane being late!

Note though that Ryanair do not do connecting flights

This kind of confuses the issue a little bit. Its' always your responsibility to connect the flights with one another so its common sense to leave a margin of safety but the saving could be well worth it. I saved hundreds of euro compared to direct flight deals when I went this way. And german wings dont only fly from Berlin so theres plenty of options to play around with.

In fact to get to many destinations in europe I have connected ryanair flights to berlin with easyjet flights out of berlin. Often its saved me a fortune when I wanted to book a flight at short notice.

There are no direct flights at present (although there used to be). When I flew there a couple years ago the best deal was on KLM.

Getting a visa isn't really a "problem", you only need an invitation letter, which any hotel will provide you.

This kind of confuses the issue a little bit. Its' always your responsibility to connect the flights with one another so its common sense to leave a margin of safety but the saving could be well worth it.

It's only your responsibility with a low-cost carrier. If you book a connecting ticket through a full fare carrier, whether on the same airline or interline, the first flight you get on is responsible for delivering you on time to your next point of travel. If they fail to do so, they are responsible for changing your ticket and/or putting you up for the night.

I fly fairly often from Croatia and while we have direct flights out of Zagreb with Aeroflot, I often use Czech Airlines via Prague, Grmanwings via Cologne and on occasion with GermaniaExpress.

Check this website as it will give you a fount of knowledge, but note it doesn't cover every fline.
www.whichbudget.com

Visas are easily obtained, there's an agency in Moscow who do them very quickly and then it's up to you to pick up a visa in Dublin. If you pm me I'll pass on the contact (ps nothing dodgy, just I don't want to be seen to be promoting an agency or such).

Last edited:

I'd like to know this agency too. The bureacracy my friend who is living in Moscow had to go through to invite us was amazing so both ends of the visa process were problematic for us.

Ok fair enough. But It is the travellers responsibility if using the method I suggested.

The trouble with low cost carriers is that they treat each flight separately. So say you fly with EasyJet from Belfast to Liverpool to Barcelona, you would have to book your Belfast/Liverpool and Liverpool/Barcelona flights separately. And even if you allow plenty of time and the first flight arrives in to Liverpool late and you miss your flight to Barcelona, tough luck, the airline washes their hands of responsibility even though you used the same airline for both flights. That is the risk of travelling with low cost airlines, I suppose.

As for Moscow, you are far better off, flying with a proper carrier e.g. Air France via CDG or BA via LHR, good deals can be found if you are flexible and willing to look for them. And if your first flight is delayed, they have to sort you out on another flight as another poster already mentioned.

Apparently the best way to see Russia is to do the Trans-Siberian Express from Moscow-Mongolia-Bejing. You would need to allow a minimum of three weeks to do this to get the full benefit out of it. You can do the whole trip in 10 days non-stop.