Running (road race) calendar for the coming months in Ireland.

bmclough

Hi

Anyone know of any good web sites where I can view a running (road race) calendar for the coming months in Ireland. Just got back in training (after years in the pub) and hoping to complete some 10k or 5k or similar in the next 6 months. The calendar will give me some dates to target.

Thanks, B.

Re: Running Calendar

www.runnersworld.co.uk
try this website - has information on race calendars - although its mainly English content, they have links to other countries including Ireland.

Also have lots of useful material in terms of training plans, calculators in terms of training pace/predicted race times, practical tips and tricks, nutrition, injuries and race recovery etc etc etc.

You can also get Irish Runner magazine and Runners Worls magazine in any good newsagents - usually list upcoming races as well

Most road traces are spring/summer. You will find some cross country stuff on allright.
Try also www.athleticsireland.ie and see whats on their list for the winter.
You could of course register for the dublin marathon before it closes this evening :) , but that may be pushing it a bit!

Athenry Athletics Club also maintain a country-wide list of races and events
[broken link removed]

Thanks Guys, I have plenty of info now. There is a 5k in the phoenix park on the 2nd of December reckon that will be a nice target to get me started.

I will let ye know how i get on :) .

Thanks Guys, I have plenty of info now. There is a 5k in the phoenix park on the 2nd of December reckon that will be a nice target to get me started.

I will let ye know how i get on :) .

I can't see that race on the websites linked above. Do you have any details?

[broken link removed]

Scrool to the bottom to find

Sun3Donore Harriers 5k RR (11.00) 01 2057255 Phoenix Park

Back