Running club Malahide area

Paddylast

Anyone know of a group doing some running in or near the Malahide area.
My daughter has just taken up running and would love some advice and others to run with. Not serious running. More for fun and fitness.
Thanks in advance.

Not sure what you mean by a 'club .. not for serious running'. Clubs tend to be for poeple who take it seriously. There are athletic clubs in Santry (Clonliffe Harriers) and Raheny (Shamrocks).
If you're looking for people of a like mind to run with, then a supermarket noticeboard would be where I'd look.

Sorry, TarfHead, I disagree completely.

Lots of beginners are scared to join a club, for fear that everyone will be much faster than them and they will not fit in or not be welcome when they are only starting.

If only "serious" runners joined clubs, clubs would not expand and grow.

All good running clubs are open to new members who are beginners and see themselves as being " not very serious".

As long as your daughter is enthusiastic and willing to come to training regularly, she will benefit from being in a club and might just catch the bug.

Clonliffe Harriers and Raheny are both good clubs with coachs delighted to welcome new members,

I endorse the recommendations above.
All standards are most welcome in all athletic clubs where yuo can find your own level and build friendships, and enjoy the outdoor.