Rumsfeld resigns!

> American's as a Nation!

I think he was referring to that little spec of dust between
the n and the s.

-Rd

I think he's pulling your leg on a point of grammar

You need to drop the apostrophy

In Saratoga county in Florida, 18,000 people didn't vote in the congressional election although they turned up at the polls and voted in all the other races. This was a predominantly elderly district and the touch-screen voting computer had so many races on it that it was quite confusing. And, the congressional touch-pad was easy to miss among all the other votes as it was 'off to one side' or something.

The republican candidate won the vote by 368 votes so this is a perfect example of why it's idiotic to have so many votes on one ballot.

Democrat President next -you heard it here first!

Eh, don't think so, on either count.

Those who claim to know have been predicting a Democrat in the White House for the last 6 years, if only cos the current administration is so feeble.

You have to show something more than just 'being there' which is why I'm sceptical on the merits of Ms. Clinton or Mr Obama. They still need, IMHO, need to show something other than being a woman or an African American (respectively !).

And Ms. Clinton would be a Godsend for the GOP.

Eh, don't think so, on either count.

In terms of 2008 the recent elections are probably a good thing for the Republicans. Iraq will still be a mess in 2008, but at least the Republicans will be able to say...you've had both houses and haven't sorted it out, it's not all our fault.

The Democrats can counter that it was the Republians who got them into it, but the Republicans only have to shift a little of the blame for Iraq back to the Democrats to make up the losses in this election.

I suspect Barack Obama will run, and will probably end up as the VP candidate. I don't know who the Presidential candidate will be but I don't think it will be Clinton. I'm pretty sure it'll be some rich white guy with a full head of hair and perfect teeth. It won't be Kerry, thanks to his bad joke about the military.

As for who will win....flip a coin. The country is still divided almost 50/50. The Democrats didn't win this election, the Republicans lost it. Many Republicans dislike the current president, and think he needs to be reeled in, but given the chance to replace him they'll still prefer a Republican to a Democrat.

-Rd