Rugby team reception,were you there today?

thedaras

Hi ,I was on Dawson st,with about 18 thousand others today.It was just great to see the team get such a great reception.However I couldnt hear them!!
We were only 20 feet or so from the stage (on Dawson st),but as soon as Des Cahill came on ,there were problems with the sound.I was raging ,having made the effort to see them ,that I didnt get to hear what they were saying.technical difficultys Id imagine.There was a slight time delay between when a player would say something and when it was heard,so out of sinc too.the crowd were quiet and straining to hear ,every few minutes the sound would correct itself and we would hear a few words but then it would go wrong again.wonder if its on youtube?
There were screens outside Stephens green ,wonder if they had any issues with the sound? Or further down Dawson st,were you there?how did it go? Dis any of you see it on TV? was there also problems with the sound?..

Re: Rugby team reception,where you there today

apparently the issue was the sound was coming direct from the mics and the pics were RTE so a few seconds delay due to satellite feed. The overhead helicopter won't have helped either!

Re: Rugby team reception,where you there today

True,re the Helicopter,but when the sound did come through it was fantastic.
The band that were on before the team ,were brilliant and the sound was amazing. Can understand the delay due to satellite feed,but wonder why/how when DEs Cahill took the mic it all went wrong..pity,as otherwise It was well orgainised.And great fun.