Rugby Heroes.

Lex Foutish

As someone who came late to rugby, I totally congratulate our all conquering heroes. Places secured in history! What a scrap! And did President McAleese put Warren Gatland in his box (twice) in her post match interview, or what?!? What an articulate woman!

And Declan Kidney. Mr. Humility!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
I thought they were fantastic.
O'Gara had a bad game (and a bad 6 Nations) and if they lost it would have been on his head (and O'Callaghan) but considering the times he's won games for us just about single-handedly it would have been grossly unfair on his if they had lost.
O'Connell was superb, as usual, but O'Driscoll was phenomenal and was the difference between the teams on the day.

Maybe I'm just groggy this morning but I don't get any of that sarcasm, assuming that's what it is.

Maybe I'm just groggy this morning but I don't get any of that sarcasm, assuming that's what it is.

No sarcasm at all, gebbel. Just a reference to Warren Gatland's comments during the week about the Welsh not liking the Irish etc. (Sorry for the slight mix up in Presidents!)

Its a very short road from "just the one" to "never again"

Sindo rates it as best of Ireland's top 10 sporting moments. Not sure about that - what about Denis Taylor's defeat of Steve Davis - didn't even make the Top 10.

But surely having two GAA affairs in the top ten is ridiculous.

Sindo rates it as best of Ireland's top 10 sporting moments. Not sure about that - what about Denis Taylor's defeat of Steve Davis - didn't even make the Top 10.

But surely having two GAA affairs in the top ten is ridiculous.

Haven't seen the list but my all time moment was Eamonn Coughlan's victory in the 5000m at the World Championships in 1983. Did that make into the top 10?

Purple, Purple, Purple.

How can you say ROG had a bad game? The guy was targeted all day and took the punishment. He set up Bowes try and scored the winning DG under immense pressure.

Why do you also pick out O'Callaghen? Many different players gave away scores by way of penalties.

Well done lads. Great psychological boost all around. Capped by Dunne's amazing victory.

Surely if we'd lost it would have been on Paddy Wallace's head? He gae away THAT penalty!

Is it just me or was that the most embarassing excuse for a homecoming you've ever seen?!

ROG had a bad game by his own very high standards.
O’Callaghen played the ball on the ground a number of times (as he often does) and twice behaved badly when Wales conceded a penalty, once costing us three points. He’s a great player; he’s smart, athletic and reads the game very well. He just needs to keep the head a bit better.