Rug wet on top of bed

shnaek

I recently moved into a newly built house. I woke this morning to find the rug on top of my bed soaking wet. The quilt and sheet underneath were dry. I could find no sign of a leak on the roof. Any ideas? The bloody thing has me mystified!

Weird !! Any animals in the house that may have visited the bed in the middle of the night ?

Should I suggest..... in case of leaks:D ? Sorry had to say that.:eek: Edit: Yikes that was to follow Clubman not DrM

ZEGAR - no animals. I hope!!

Thrifty - I hope I amn't sleepwalking!!

ClubMan - actually it's more like a throw with tassles. I got in the habit of calling it a rug. Think that's my girlfriends (Who does drink water in bed - could be a possibility) fault.

hansov - I was expecting that comment at some stage :p

I was wondering if it could be a dampness issue in the new house. It really has me stumped. Maybe my girlfriend did spill water. I am tempted to put a camera on myself to see what the hell is going on!! Tonight I am going to move the bed into another corner of the room. That should remove the leak in the roof suspicion.

shnaek, the only time I've experienced anything similar was in a caravan where there was no heating and it was a very cold night and I woke up to find everything slightly damp from condensation.
Is your bedroom ventilated properly, did your heating come on before you woke up perhaps causing other things to dry out except the rug?

DrMoriarty said:
Make sure you obtain your girlfriend's consent before going with the camera idea... ;)

...Or all your friends on askaboutmoney will want to review the evidence:p From your original post you said the rug was soaking wet. It would take a hell of a lot of condensation to get something soaking wet. And there is no visible sign or wet patches on the ceiling? Failing those obvious signs my bet is that it is human or animal related.

BTW Last night in Dublin was not a cold night. I'm sure it was similar around the country. It did pour with rain throughout the night tho'........ By any chance was your bedroom window left open?

It was shocking cold here alright. I am not sure about the ventilation in the room. I will check it out.
As for the video - perhaps I should scotch that idea before it gets me into hot water :p

Ok - mystery solved I think. I chatted a couple of peole last night, both of whom had moved into new houses. They said that I need a de-humidifier. They said that there is dampness in all new houses and keeping the heat on without a de-humidifier can cause mildew. One of them asked if the 'rug' was wool, which it was. They told me that wool would gather all the moisture in the damp room. So there we go! I just need to get a dehumidifier from the landlady and I'm good.

Back