Rubbish/grass removal

Ballyman

I recently moved into to a house in Clane. The garden had been badly maintained by the previous owners so I had to cut down a lot of the bushes and grass to make it habitable. As a result of this I have around 20 black refuse sacks full of bushes and grass in the garden that I need to get rid of.

How can I do this?? I can't burn it as I live in an estate and have neigbours at both sides of me so I need to have it collected. There isn't enough stuff to justify the rental of a skip and I don't have a trailer and can only fit two bags into the boot of the car so I can't really drive anywhere with it?

Anyone have any advice or details on where/who I can do with this? Notrh Kildare/West Dublin area.

Thanks

Would 20 black sacks not fill a mini skip? One of these would probably be the same price as paying someone to remove it for you.

Do you know of a 'man with a van'? If you could get someone with one, you could go to the dump in Ballymount with it. 18 euro for a vanload.

Hi Ballyman

If you're in Atlantic Homecare you could check out the Baby Skip bags. The link is on www.keywaste.ie. You buy the smallest bag for Eur13.99 and pay an additional Eur 78.00 when you get it collected. The midi is described as 1 cubic yard. Haven't used these yet but am planning on getting one in the near future. Looks like it would work out cheaper than a regular skip. Otherwise you could try transporting the bags to the Green Waste Facility at Esker Lane, Lucan. Might not be practical though with no trailer. Good luck..

We have had to do the same recently at our house over the course of several months.
There is a recycling centre in Trim that , afaik, my other half has been bringing all of the waste to (bushes, weeds, hedging etc). He told me how much for a trailer load (trailer is small enough to go on the back of the car) and it was something negligble. They are probably in the Golden Pages so you might want to give them a call (if you have access to a trailer and have some time to spare to do a few runs to and from their loacation) as it would work out much cheaper than a skip in the long run.

I rang keywaste and they don't collect in Kildare at the moment.

It's also prohibitively expensive for such a small load. I saw the skips open in Atlantic and they are fairly small when you could get a proper skip with a much larger load for an extra €30

I have just come across this site, it was a link on the sdcc.ie website.

They offer a pickup service for €60. Thats half the price of keywaste.ie!!

[broken link removed]

Think you may have misunderstood that - it means a pickup type of car/van !

Well why not take up some of the suggestions already made to you, then you won't be at square one will you? You might just be sorted if you give it a try.

If I were you I'd get a van and bring it all to Green Waste facility in Lucan, seems easiest...

Can you not take them to the nearest council dump/waste site. There should be near you in kildare (ring the council)

If you are desperate to get rid - then use a couple of runs in the car to get them to the dump. Double bag the bags just to be sure they dont rip.

Back