Rubbish being dumped

If only the litter wardens were more like the Clampers!

And people took the same attitude to cars aprked illegally on or about their property as they do to litter about their property. !!!!

Its also quite annoying to see the number of black rubbish bins that appear magically on the road as if beamed in from another planet. I drive up the Fonthill Road and almost every morning a new black bag of rubbish appears.

I would have no hesitation in reporting these louts.

While living in an apartment we had a problem with other residents using our wheelie bin to dispose of their rubbish.
I finally had enough when on a hot weekend I found a couple of paper bags of rubbish which included a cooked chicken that was 'maggoty'!
I donned my rubber gloves removed all the stuff, and finding a letter in one of the bags (she had applied for a job as voting staff during last election) high ended it over to her house in a state of high strop! She wasn't in... so i left it all, with her letter pinned to the top of it, outside her door... she came back from a weekend away about 4 days later! Needless to say it stank....
We got a length of chain and a padlock and drilled a hole in the bin so that we could lock it.

Anyhow just to keep every one informed.

I went into the guards just for advise. They said there probably wasn't much point in reporting it. But if i wanted to I could becausee the environment croud would be contacting them, if i reported it to the environment section. So as a matter of principle I reported it to the gardai.

Then I rang the environment section of my local Co Co. The lady said the letter warden would give me a ring. I've heard nothing yet.

Meanwhile I'm sick of picking up the rubbish off my lawn. The birds and cats don't exactly know its "evidence" what am i suppose to do leave it on my front lawn flithered everywhere. Its discusting.

Anyhow I',m not impressed with the service so far. Watch this space !!!!!

howareya said:
Then I rang the environment section of my local Co Co. The lady said the letter warden would give me a ring. I've heard nothing yet.
DOn't wait for the call. Ring them once a day, every day - until the office staff get so sick of hearing from you that they will make sure the warden gets in touch.

I rang the environment section again yesterday as i had heard nothing from the litter warden. He was actually away on hols all week but rang me back nearly straight away yesterday.

He was out at my house within half an hour to collect the bag. He took photos of where it was dumped and took it away for analysis.

He did tell me that they normally wouldn't call out for such a small bag of rubbish but as i knew there was evidence of the owner of the rubbish in it he came straight away.

He'll definately get a fine and hopefully will think twice about dumping it outside my front door again.

I have to say the litter warden was very good and can't fault them at all. I'd report dumped rubbish again in the morning without any hesitation. And suggest everyone else do the same.