Rubber seals

Just the One

Does anyone know where I can buy the rubber seal that fits around the window frame and sash. (PVC windows)

The seals that are on it are 10 years old and need to be replaced as they have become flattened.

Try a window replacement company. They have big rolls of the stuff that goes into new windows, but I am not sure if this is what you are looking for? If they are older wooden windows and you want to replace a draught excluder that was fitted later, try Chadwicks, Woodies, etc, or any decent builders' providers.

You would need to go to where the windows were manufactured as every manufacturer uses different seals and newer and better seals come on the market quiet regularly, therefore the seals get upgraded every few months.

You could also try National Seal Systems Ltd 01 4565170 or Exitex 042 9371244 (don't know if they will sell to individual customers).

had this problem a couple of years ago with munster joinery supplied windows - i just called out to their depot in ballymount and the stores man gave me approx 50 metres of the stuff for free - i gave him 20 quid for a few pints to say thanks. he gave me three different type seals to use for different windows/doors.

had this problem a couple of years ago with munster joinery supplied windows - i just called out to their depot in ballymount and the stores man gave me approx 50 metres of the stuff for free - i gave him 20 quid for a few pints to say thanks. he gave me three different type seals to use for different windows/doors.

that was nice of them - the joinery company in Daingean that supplied my windows wanted about €70 euro for a roll of it!!!

Back