RTE's new boxing reality show

Shawady

Have no idea what this show will be like but the guy from BBC's The Apprentice that was offered a place in Sandhurst is one of the contentants. I remember some AAM contibuters not being particularly fond of him so might be worth looking at to see if he gets a few slaps.

Think it starts this wekend.

Last edited:
Thank you very much Shawady!

I have no interest in boxing or reality shows but I would be very interested in seeing that little twerp's smug face walloped a few times let me tell you.

[broken link removed]

Here's the line-up. You could probably wish he gets paired against Jack Sheedy, former Dublin GAA star.
Not the sort of thing I would normally be interested in either but I imagine a lot of people would like to see the apprentice guy get a hard time in the ring.

Rubbish and a waste of time.

Unless we get to see Ryan Tubridy and Gee Ryan pummeled in the name of 'charidee' then it's a lost opportunity !

Post a Fantasy Boxing list of people you'd actually like to see in this !

How about a fantasy list of programmes we'd actually like to see on telly. I'm sick of all these celebrity/reality shows. They're usually total rubbish and I've never heard of most of the 'celebs'.

Why isnt Michael Flatley in it?

Because of the sheer dilemma that would be presented to viewers like me I would imagine - again, would love to seem him get a few slaps but, horror of horrors, he would probably win the whole bloody thing!

Damien Dempsey. I would like to see him in it.

Similarly to Flatley though he would batter all round him.

How much to the presenters get from these shows?

What does the charity get?

There's alot of aggression in some of the above comments. Boxing is a SPORT for God's sake. Its not about fighting, 'battering' or 'pummelling'; its about boxing - very different things. My Dad told me that and he was a boxer, coach and referee for nearly fifty years.

Well, ladies boxing has just been introduced to the London Olympics, so as far as I am aware the Olympics is all about sport.
Aggression has no place in the world of sport, or boxing for that matter. Skill, bobbing and jabbing and quick footwork are some of the hallmarks of the champions, eg. Muhammad Ali and Rocky Marciano.
They were regarded as the best boxing strategists due to their ability to control the pace of the fight and lead their opponent, wearing him down gradually, and exhibiting more skill and finesse than a brawler.

Well RTE is not the Olympics. Yes, there would be strategy and skill in pro boxing, but aggression is there in equal measure also.

However, the pugilists on this 'reality' show will have as much in common with Ali or Marciano as they do with Neil Armstrong or Lily Savage.

This is true, however I am pleased that Barry McGuigan is presenting and guiding these 'boxers'. He above anyone, knows the dangers of the ring. His life and career was nearly ruined by the accidental death of Young Ali in 1982.

Thank you very much Shawady!

I have no interest in boxing or reality shows but I would be very interested in seeing that little twerp's smug face walloped a few times let me tell you.

Apologies Caveat. I did not realise that Ben would not get to fight. Pity, as it sounded like a few of the other contestents found him irritating and would relish taking him on.

I watched it for the first time last night,really impressed with those guys,some of them lost up to nearly 2 st in 5 weeks just by training hard and eating well.