RTE1/2 & TV3 - can i use my skybox or aerial

johnnyg

Hi,

If i cancel my sky box subscription, will i need to install an aerial to get RTE1/2 & TV3 reception as these are not in free to air..correct?

As Towger said, the answer is yes, you need an aerial installed if you will be doing away with your Skybox

well i was hoping to leave the skybox there and use the free channels it picks up, does RTE-1/2 or TV-3 plan to go free to air??

Hi,

If i cancel my sky box subscription, will i need to install an aerial to get RTE1/2 & TV3 reception as these are not in free to air..correct?

Hold out another couple of months and you will be able to get RTE digitally. Probably have to buy a decoder (~100€). [broken link removed]

Will this be available in Europe and any idea what type of receiver this needs ?

A member of my family lives in the UK and she is a Sky subscriber. She rang Sky who said that if she knew the frequency she'd be able to programme it in. I was surprised as all my 'googling' showed that it was not possible to receive RTE TV in the UK, and the only way around this was to have an Irish subscription (card I think - I don't have sky so not totally in the know here) and that if you take that to the UK it will work. Anyway, just a thought. I don't know how she got on, and maybe for the best as her Arsenal supporting husband wanted it to watch the match last night !