RTE Showing out of season children's programmes

Z

z105

Am I going mad ? Last week I saw an episode of Bear in the Big Blue House relating to "Thanksgiving" (In January), today there was an episode of Postman Pat entitled "Christmas Eve" (In January). Children going around confused !!!

Why can't they just leave these episodes out of the series or indeed show them at the relevant time !!

Yesterday's Bear in the Big Blue House was entitled "History, herstory, bearstory". I thought that it was going to be some whacky political correct feminist and bearist treatise on the matter but thankfully it was just the story behind the ruins of the first house in Woodland Valley. The bear is cool - even if bloody Barney comprehensively beats him in a ...

He he !! - Yes I do agree the bear rocks - Barney sucks !

Come on RTE - get the finger out and stop confusing the chislers !

THis is a bone of contention with me too with the smallies programs but it must be just me, as my daughter will happily watch her Christmas Hi-5 DVd in the summer!

I had to read Spot's Magical Christmas almost every night until about a week ago.

Yes Seagull and Fobs - but these are ultimately your choices - RTE should have more cop-on and NOT show out of date/out of season programs !!

Until your nipper asked for it back?

Very good!

Yes Seagull and Fobs - but these are ultimately your choices - RTE should have more cop-on and NOT show out of date/out of season programs

Yes I do think though that RTE should have the programs in season alright if nothing else as it can teach the kids when each festival takes place

Am I going mad ? Last week I saw an episode of Bear in the Big Blue House relating to "Thanksgiving" (In January), today there was an episode of Postman Pat entitled "Christmas Eve" (In January). Children going around confused !!!
I liked the Bear's (or it could have been Shadow's) take on Thanksgiving and how the settlers and Indians got on so well.

Sounds like we are all watching too much childrens tv, but yea, have noticed that Aj. My toddler still insisting on the Dora dvd with Santa Clause and on me making Santa Claus every time we make the homemade plasticine ( I make lots of red for that purpose). Also every fir tree is a christmas santa claus tree. Will this torture ever end?

Sounds like we are all watching too much childrens tv
Spent a good while watching Dora in Portuguese and Sponge Bob in German while on holidays last year when the nipper picked up a tummy bug and was apartment bound! I presume that it's in the filial contract that I have to put up with this sort of stuff!

You guessed wrong Seagull - you hardly think that I watch Bear in the big blue house and Postman Pat though choice !

RTE can't manage to show a show's episodes in the corrdct order, let alone schedule based on seasons etc.

Most recent example I have noticed was Criminal Minds on RTE1 Saturday at around 23:00. I saw a few episodes and liked it so got the R1 box set...surprise surprise the order of the episodes was completely different - appeared to be randomly selected by RTE.

"Naked Science
Series attempting to get to the bottom of science's most provocative question" 9.10 on RTE this a.m. Here is what it was about from the National Geographic Channel -

"Bullets [TV-PG]
The bullet has evolved from over 200 years of scientific research - starting as a simple lead ball to the incredible hi-power rounds of today. Naked Science explores the science behind the bullet and the technical advances that led to today's ammunition.Join NGC as it uses science to better understand ballistics that govern their deadly flight and investigates whether there is such a thing as the perfect bullet. "

Hardly the stuff youngsters need see ay 9.10 on a Saturday a.m. - It looks like Nat Geo has given it a PG rating and had it scheduled on a 6p.m. slot.

Good ole RTE !!! Anyone see it ?