RTE Presenters as guests on RTE Talkshows

R

rmelly

Is there a quota that every talkshow that RTE broadcasts must include at least one interview with another current or former RTE 'personality'? In the last week alone Derek Davis and Marty Whelan were on The Late Late Show and Tubridy Tonight respectively, and this saturdays Tubridy Tonight has 'The Ultimate Guide to Everything' presenter.

I agree - its a strange sort of incestous game that the chat show hosts of RTE play with each other.

Its not only RTE, though. Jonathan Ross usually has friends as guests, and they seem to come back onto the show every few months.

Yeh but Jonathons friends are cool ppl that you would want to see anyway!!
The same can not be said for the Late Late...........

Yes, carina, have to agree with you there

I'm still waiting on Pat Kenny to interview himself over the recent 'situation' he was involved in !

Yeh but Jonathons friends are cool ppl that you would want to see anyway!!
The same can not be said for the Late Late...........

Thought his show has gone very stale lately, he needs the real A listers back on, Robert Downey Jr should be good tonight.

I suppose RTE are drawing from a small pool. No major star is going to come to Ireland just to be interviewed by Tubridy or Kenny but when they are in the country for other work RTE would normally nab them.
However, with its West End shows and really high profile movie premiere showings the BBC and ITV chat show hosts are provided with a lot more stars.

If they paid Kenny less there would be able to afford to get who they wanted - its not as if he is short - he could sell his back yard!!

Yes, carina, have to agree with you there

I'm still waiting on Pat Kenny to interview himself over the recent 'situation' he was involved in !
Or to be interviewed by his nemesis. Or better still, both being interviewed by Dustin with Podge and Rodge doing the 'asides', akin to Terry Wogan in Eurovision mode.

Re: RTE Presenters as guests on RTE Talkshows... and on radio

On 'Morning Ireland' today listeners were treated to a recording of an RTE reporter interviewing a Q102 reporter 'outside the Aras'

Any Q102 listeners know if Q102 had their reporter interviewing an RTE reporter ?