RTE - Home Alone - 26th July !!

Z

z105

I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw RTE were showing Home Alone last evening, bit out of season don't you think ?

What next, showing mass live from the top of Croagh Patrick or the likes !?

What would you prefer- more of the typical crap being churned out with wannabe hopefuls in pop idol, american idol or for those who don't have enough going on in their own lives to watch what is going one in some wasters lives in the big brother house or 'I used to be a celebrity get me outta here'..........no thanks......leave that to the tabloid tv channels

Oh don't worry I'm sure that will come too (but probably in 15 years time when it's cheap to buy) !. No I most certainly don't want that but I also don't want to pay a tv licence so some person can sit in RTE and stick on an 18 year old video that's out of season (it is supposedly summer after all), and twaddle to boot - yes there must still be a person or two left in RTE, they can't all be on holidays !

Have they no imagination in RTE ?, I don't get paid for my suggestions so don't ask me.

It's the same when almost every week they show Christmas and Halloween episodes of children's programmes out of season, no wonder children are getting more confused.

Last edited by a moderator:

In fairness to the OP we get PLENTY of the above from RTE also.

I watched it with someone in hospital and it raised a few smiles (nostalgia probably) so no complaints here. Surprised at how well it was made to be honest and i don't think kids will be writing their santa lists on the back of it showing in july.

I watched it with someone in hospital and it raised a few smiles (nostalgia probably) so no complaints here. Surprised at how well it was made to be honest and i don't think kids will be writing their santa lists on the back of it showing in july.
My rant was the fact that it's cheap, ill-considered garbage that RTE shove down our throats again and again and again.

If you want Nostalgia RTE is your man alright, check out RTE 1 schedule this morning for example -

5:35The Miracles of This post will be deleted if not edited immediately
Rageh Omaar looks closely at four of This post will be deleted if not edited immediately's miracles, including the feeding of the 5,000, and finds that each one provoked a radically different perception of This post will be deleted if not edited immediately
06:25EuroNews
European and international news live via satellite
06:55Benson
Benson's jealousy causes havoc when he hears his girlfriend is dating other men
07:20Are You Being Served?
Classic sitcom set in a department store. Young Mr Grace causes a stir when the staff think that he is going to propose to Mrs Slocombe
07:55Falcon Crest
Maggie's determination to keep her baby alienates her family
08:50Dangerfield
Drama series. Paul comes to the aid of an old friend who finds himself out of step with his neighbours
09:50Judge Joe Brown
Talk show in which a judge investigates real-life cases from across America
10:10Judge Joe Brown
10:35Dr Phil
Talk show with Dr Phil McGraw, who speaks to a couple who have seven children but no income. However, they believe God will provide for them
11:30Shortland Street
Claire and Jake panic after she runs down a pedestrian and speeds away, leaving her victim needing surgery at Shortland Street. Vinnie catches Eti vandalising his car

When I saw this thread I thought it was about the fact that RTE have repeated this film several times in this slot - a fact one of my children commented on on Saturday. In fact they seem to throw up the same couple of films every few months. Maybe they got a job lot?

love the "bond season", god forbid they should ever start any other season but bond season, every year. it must be great not to have to do any work for your paycheck, just slop it out every year the same, not a bother.

love the "bond season", god forbid they should ever start any other season but bond season, every year. it must be great not to have to do any work for your paycheck, just slop it out every year the same, not a bother.

Don't be so cynical. There's lots of work they've to do. What day will it be on? What time? should the news come on in the middle of an exciting bit? Should they show it in chronological order or just mess with our minds by jumping from Connery to Moore to Dalton, back to Connery then Brosnan, then maybe Lazenby. The permutations are endless....

People do have a choice with RTÉ. I decided against it and ditched the TV. I now watch DVDs instead, on apparatus that does not require a licence.

People do have a choice with RTÉ. I decided against it and ditched the TV. I now watch DVDs instead, on apparatus that does not require a licence.

What do you watch your dvds on ? PC ?

A dvd player and projector.
I only watch films and box sets so it probably wouldn't suit many people.

I know, it looks just like yesterdays schedule, apart from nazis on trial of course -

05:10Nuremberg - Nazis On Trial
Concluding the drama-doc series on the Nuremberg trials. Rudolph Hess's fitness for trial was at the centre of his case, as he claimed not to remember his Nazi past
06:05EuroNews
European and international news live via satellite
06:45Benson
Sitcom about the ever-loyal butler
07:10Benson
Sitcom about the ever-loyal butler
07:35Are You Being Served?
Classic sitcom set in a department store. When the ladies' department is closed for a face-lift, the female assistants have to share the men's counter
08:10Falcon Crest
Maggie fights her loneliness. Chase fights to save his vineyards. And Angela fights for her freedom
09:05Dangerfield
Drama series. Paul becomes emotionally involved when a prisoner dies in police custody
10:05Judge Joe Brown
10:25Judge Joe Brown
10:50Dr Phil
Talk show with life strategist Dr Phil McGraw, who speaks to two grown-up children who want their alcoholic mother to kick the booze or they'll abandon her
11:45Shortland Street
Jake's guilt over the crash grows when he sees the victim in hospital. Norman learns more about his brain tumour and how long he has left to live

My little girl was enthralled by the 'Blizzard' film on RTE 1 yesterday, which was all about Santa/elves/raindeer etc.

Oh, lookey here ! -

[broken link removed]

I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw RTE were showing Home Alone last evening, bit out of season don't you think ?

Yes it's 23rd August and guess what, Home Alone 2 is on !! Just to get us all in the mood for Christmas.

I'm convinced RTE do this type of programming in the summer in order for us to have a sigh of relief when Pat Kenny comes back on the screens !!!

Yet again, my little girl loved it. Perhaps you're just not the target audience for this kind of material....