RTE film tonight - Taken

DB74

Bit tactless showing this film tonight given events in England over the last 2 days. They pulled Things To Do In Denver When You're Dead previously when there was a shooting in that city so I don't see why they couldn't have pulled this.

RTE RADIO 2 as it was in 1992 pulled Something Happens song "Parachute" when the Gulf war broke out...Honestly what a shower of jockeys...

Disc Jockeys?

No,you know what I mean.

As for pulling the film Taken,not sure why they should, didn't really strike me as anything other than another repeat.

I'd doubt very much that people are bothered about this. Movie about a 19yr kidnapped on a european break and her hero dad saves her versus a 5 year old going missing in the UK.

Bit tactless showing this film tonight given events in England over the last 2 days. They pulled Things To Do In Denver When You're Dead previously when there was a shooting in that city so I don't see why they couldn't have pulled this.

I actually watched the film and never made that connection - his daughter in the film is an adult?!?

Isnt Taken just an excuse to watch Liam Neeson repeatedly kicking butt?

Ha, good one, you're kidding surely?!

And since we're on the subject of tact, surely a bit tactless you calling Wales England...

Sadly some poor child disappears all the time in the UK, often to be found dead.
But you cant plan movies on Irish TV around abductions in the UK.

Come home and the wife it taken...

"I will find you. And I will thank you"

George Byrne says Taken 2 is poor show, a 12's cert so no gratuitous violence. Watched Taken last night, good film.

An Irish film What Richard Did (Annabels type story) got rave reviews.

No gratuitous violence??The Producers totally missed what made the first film so successful and its a 12??

According to [broken link removed], Taken is 15A, and Taken 2 is 12A, but it was 15A originally then re-rated to 12A on appeal.

I see RTE2 is showing Starsky & Hutch there now - surely a bit tactless showing a film involving a super-pure new formula of cocaine when there's a batch of very pure drugs killing addicts around the country at the moment...!?

According to [broken link removed], Taken is 15A, and Taken 2 is 12A, but it was 15A originally then re-rated to 12A on appeal.

Not good enough,I need my violence bloody,gratuitous and without thought for an adolescent audience certification.

Looks like I will be waiting for in to go on a heavy rotation repeat play list so,which means it will be probably be the Big Big Movie Sat night at 6.30pm in 2016 and then every few weeks after on all Channels.