Ryan Tubridy €216,150 Trocity Productions Ltd
Joe Duffy €279,149 Claddaghgreen Ltd
Miriam O'Callaghan €251,251
Derek Mooney €189,906 direct employee
John Kelly €188,630
Seán O'Rourke €177,463 direct employee
George Hamilton €168,322

ClubMan said:
I think there's an "A" missing from his company name.

I think there is a lot more than an "A" missing from Tubridys head. Cannot stand the man although he is doing alright

FYI

TROCITY PRODUCTIONS LIMITED
Address
8 DOMVILLE GROVE
KILLINEY
CO DUBLIN

Registered
20/02/2001

bond-007 said:
Also from the info posted above it is very easy to find out Gerry Ryans address and all the other big names too.

And, armed with that knowledge, you would .. :confused: .. ?

dodo said:
I think they are value for money

I heard Gerry Ryan on the radio. I think it was yesterday. He pointed out that his radio show brings in something like €6 million per annum.

The Turbidity company name is missing the "A" alright. I think he's brutal on the radio. Who the hell would be his target audience?

DonKing said:
Turbidity
I like it! :D

To be honest, I don't know who Gerry Ryan's show is aimed at either. Yesterday he spent ages on the Palestinian/Israeli conflict (much of it comsisting of him spouting superficial rubbish) and then switched immediately to some oul' wans rabbiting on about the Take That gig the night before! :rolleyes:

Are we not missing the critical analysis as to whether these individuals should be paid that much? Theres a fair but of:

"100k for you - sure you'll read talk to a few auld wans for us.. good man"

Anyone care to speculate whether these are market salaries, would TV3 be as flaithuilach?, or is this public money - our licence fees - being frittered away as usual.

I mean 900k for Pat - I'd give him 100k and if he he threatened to walk I'd say "Bye".

Someone should remind them that you're no longer important just because you're on the radio or telly the whole time, it is really only talent or expertise that should be extravagantly rewarded, does Pat Kenny have either of these??

Betsy Og said:
Are we not missing the critical analysis as to whether these individuals should be paid that much?
Perhaps - but only because nobody has mentioned that issue so far.

Betsy Og said:
Are we not missing the critical analysis as to whether these individuals should be paid that much?

How much should anyone's remuneration be worth ?

If, as posted earlier, Gerry Ryan's listnership means €x in advertising revenue, then that is one basis for his pay.

IMHO a lot of RTE viewers/listeners are attached to the brand, not the 'talent'. My mother, for example, will always watch the Late Late, she never has a good word to say about it, yet she will tune in again the following week. At some level I guess she hopes that there will be a classic, such as those that happened in Gay Byrne's heyday, yet nothing notable has happened under Pat Kenny's tenure, apart from the odd car crash like Tommy Tiernan.

Similarly with radio, I believe there is an inertia to change the station. I, for one, was glad when Eamon Dunphy started on Radio Ireland as it gave me an alternative to Myles Dungan on Five Seven Live.

TarfHead said:
How much should anyone's remuneration be worth ?

Well as I said it should be based on their expertise and talent which is then dictated by the market - i.e. if you dont pay them what they are worth then someone else will.

However, as this is a state job and "someone elses money" rules and not market rules apply, then I'm not convinced that 900k is what Pat Kenny is worth. You went on to say that its RTE brands and not the individuals getting the audience, I'm inclined to agree.

Re no critical analysis until I posed the question, that question is, to my mind, the only interesting point about knowing their salaries.

What formula would you use to convert "expertise" and "talent" into a hard cash figure?

I don't think it's a case of saying, well such-and-such a show generated X million in ads, so we're justified in paying that person €900k
Where else on this island can these people go to ? Could Pat Kenny make 900k by doing shows on Newstalk & TV3. Not a chance, and if he could, at least it wouldn't be coming out of taxpayers pockets.
There should be some sort of cap on salaries, circa 300k.
The morning radio (on all stations, not just RTE) is quite appalling. I've started listening to Lyric, even though I don't really like classical. But there's no stupid banter, and almost no ads. And on the way home it's George Hook on Newstalk.

Having said all that, while Joe Duffy gets a lot of slagging off, the day John Waters rang in complaining about how RTE was handling the eurovision competition, & Joe then proceeded to read out John's entry, which was basically "I love you" in all the european languages, was the funniest piece of radio I've heard all year, and I wouldn't begrudge him a cent of what he earned, just for that one episode. One of the good things about RTE is it allows people to slag it off on RTE airtime

Bongo said:
Pat Kenny €899,000 Pat Kenny Media Services Ltd
Gerry Ryan €487,492 Balcom Management Ltd
Marian Finucane €439,265 Montrose Services Ltd
Ryan Tubridy €216,150 Trocity Productions Ltd
Joe Duffy €279,149 Claddaghgreen Ltd
Miriam O'Callaghan €251,251
Derek Mooney €189,906 direct employee
John Kelly €188,630
Seán O'Rourke €177,463 direct employee
George Hamilton €168,322

And they wonder why people don't pay their TV license.......

Back