roxio media manager keeps trying to install

Randy

Hi,

I just updated my Norton anti virus account, no sooner had I finished and I got an on screen message advising that my pc was trying to install roxio media manager.

I don't actually use Roxio although it does appear to be part of Desktop Manager software used for my Blackberry phone.

The specific problem is that no matter how many times I click cancel, this programme continues to attemp installing. I have removed Blackberry software, but the message continues to run in a continuous loop. I can't find Roxio anywhere in my programmes so I can't delete it. In addition to this, I can't run any windows updates as this Roxio thing seems to be blocking any other programmes from coming in.

Can anyone help and advise how I might remove this. Please bear in mind that I am not very PC aware, so instructions will need to be simple if possible.

thanks for help

Randy

You might try the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility, available [broken link removed]. Alternatively if you click Start -> Run -> type "msconfig" no quotes -> OK -> under the Startup tab you may find some Roxio reference that you can simply untick, then reboot.