Round the World trip

Jason_77

Hi,

Does anyone know of a good website where you can enter your destinations for a round the world trip and it will give you the best price, route etc?
I have tried trailfinders, but there 'Perfect Itinerary' page is not working.

Thanks.

Jason - I'm not sure there's really that good an online site for RTW itineraries like you suggest... because of the complex nature of itineraries and the complex nature of the fares themselves it doesn't lend itself to easy online searching.

http://www.roundtheworldflights.com/ isn't a bad effort at all (UK based agent)

Essentially a lot of it is conditioned by where you want to go to - RTW fares are offered by groups of Airlines (Alliances and other groupings) .. so depending on where you want to go that might limit the choice of fares you have.

Give us an idea of the places you want to visit and maybe can help a little bit, but

Round the world fares are becoming a thing of the past. It is becoming much cheaper to book one ways the whole way round. I heard RTW tickets are like 3 grand now, i could get around twice for that. RTW tickets are very limited on where you can go, especially regarding south america.

food for thought, eh?

While looking for something else I happened across earlier. At €1,500 it seems a good price for a rtw ticket...

Note: I have no connection whatsoever with this company.

Hi All,

Thanks for the replies.
Next year I would like to travel to Thailand, Hong Kong, New Zealand, Australia, Fiji. Depending on time, prices etc, there are also a number of other countries I would like to take in.

Hi Jason,

The cities you list there would be a relatively "simple" round the world trip ... essentially just a return to Australia stopping in Asia on the way out and Fiji on the way back ... nothing too complex here

Qantas/British Airways have some fares that would work for you anyway

[broken link removed] (prices in Sterling - call Qantas in Dublin for Irish prices)

The only thing that might not work so easily is going to HK and Bangkok - since the airlines on this fare (mainly Qantas & BA) wouldn't fly between those two cities ... however a cheap r/t ticket between HK and BKK wouldn't cost much as an add on (booked separately)

Thanks for the info guys, will check this out.

Would love to visit more cities, but only have 3 months.

Hi Just had a look at [broken link removed] they have a round the world search
also clubtravel.ie used to be good for finding cheap flights and stop overs

Back