round the world in 60 days

narky

myself and fiance looking at honeymoons but i really want to go travelling so basically am trying to twist his arm to go to thailand, oz, fiji, new york for 2 months. you see i he keeps saying we wont be able to do this moneywise but i was reckoning that if i have a figure to give him maybe he wont be able to say no straight off!!!

so basically can anyone tell me how much travelling for 2 months not in amazing hotels but not in kips either (very middle of the road) would cost... (guesstimates please!!). i've looked up trailfinders flights etc but you can never tell how much it'll cost until you've talked to someone who has already done this!!! thanks a mill

I would say you would pick up a 5 stop plus ticket for about €1500-€1700 each. I would allow for about €100 each per day while away some places will be alot less but others more. so your talking about 15k plus would seem alot especially if you're having the full big day thing here!
Why not go somewhere not so far for a shorter break and some thing that is a little on the luxury side given the occasion.
Then plan and save a bit for this big trip and take it for your first anniversary. It may take away the financial worries your OH seems to be having.
I did a 5 stop RTW trip 8 yrs ago and you need your energy and you also want to know that your not on a very tight budget as there will be things you will see while away that you want to experience and it is all extra money eg White water rafting, diving, hot air balloon rides, Parachute jump, this list could be endless.
Enjoy you big day and what ever trip you take,

For 15 k you are better off taking a year off and living in one place and travelling working from there.
15k goes a long way in Oz for ex and any money you earn in Oz goes a long way for your visits to Asia.

Thats my plan anyway, thoguh about the 2 monther but the above sounds more like a holiday to me thab=n say half the time of a 2 monther in planes trains or automobiles!

New York, Fiji and OZ are relatively expensive so I'd say that niceoneteds estimate of 100 EUR per day each would be accurate enough for those. Thailand is a lot cheaper though. You could travel around there very comfortably for about 40 EUR per person per day. To reduce the cost you could spend a week in NY, a week in Fiji, a couple of weeks in OZ and the remaining time in Thailand. All in all I'd say you'd be talking about a grand total of around 11-12k for the two of you if you did it that way.

Last edited:
You could do it all in one month, e.g. 5 days Thailand, 10 days Oz (well Sydney / Melbourne) 5 days Fiji, 5 days NYC, and 5 days flying. If you had a few days extra you could try San Francisco en route to NYC. RTWs will come in at about 1,500 – 1,700 each; then add on 100 pd pp, so you could do it for 10,000. I’ve no idea on Fiji, but OZ and NZ are cheaper than Ireland, the US about the same, Thailand is cheaper, so you’d have some cash to spare for the odd splurge. DO you have any friends / relations in th eUS or Oz with whom you could stay? This would cut down on costs as well.

Back