Roughly how much to rotavate and seed two thirds of an acre?

rapid

The area I am talking about has rough grass on it at the moment - the type you would see in a field. It is fairly level and has some trees dotted around the site.

Just looking for a ball-park figure: how much would it cost me to get this seeded for use as a garden lawn? (more than €2,000? more than €5,000?)

Thanks.

You could do it yourself if your willing to put in the work. we rented out a huge rotavator for a weekend i think it cost like 80 a day its hard work but worth it. once its rotavated, rake it, pick out the stones and put down your seeds. we did a 1/2 an acre over two weekends.

Depends on your location, but a friend of mine got 2/3 acre done for €1600, so it's prob a good ballpark figure.

Last edited by a moderator:
Spray off old vegetation with roundup and leave for 2 weeks before reseeding otherwise the old grass will come back. Lawn seed is expensive so you don't want the old grass to grow back. Spraying with roundup makes it easy to rotavate. It's also a bit late for reseeding in case of drought unless you want to end up watering 2 thirds of an acre every day. If it gets too late wait till august.

If you use a landscaper the lightly cost would be between 3500 - 4500, personaly I would do it myself, landscapers are over paid.

Joejoe

I got 3/4 of an acre levelled rotivated and reseeded for €2,000 last august. If you are waiting till august I would suggest you spray off with a mixture of Roundup and Garlon2 now and rotivate it once grass is killed off and leave it over the summer. If any other weeds come up spray off again 3 weeks before reseeding and you will have no problem with weeds.