ROS is down?

It seems to be working okay for me now.
I think this is usually a problem on the last filing day with the volume of last minute returns.

There's a similar thread on boards.ie. Revenue have acknowledged that there are IT problems today, and their Twitter feed has announced an extension till 6pm tomorrow (13th November).

It was working fine for me in September? Very fast response times.

Brendan
With all due respect Brendan, your comment is not appreciated. The vast majority of practicing accountants have very little option but to use ROS on the deadline day to submit a portion of returns, even if it's just a handful. I asked a simple question, I expected a simple answer, not a smart-This post will be deleted if not edited to remove bad language one.

The vast majority of practicing accountants have very little option but to use ROS on the deadline day to submit a portion of returns, even if it's just a handful.

Hi DB

I was only pointing out that we have the same problem every year. People complaining that ROS breaks down under the pressure.

I do appreciate that it's more difficult for practising accountants than individuals.

Why do you not set your clients a deadline of end of August to have everything in? After that, tell them that they will be at risk of a Revenue Audit and 10% surcharge.

Brendan

Brendan - accountants have tried everything to get individuals to file early - discounted fees for early filers, higher fees for later filers and everything in between. Most of it has had no impact. You can set deadlines all you want and it will only have a limited impact. It can be used as a reason to cull clients but that obviously comes at a cost.

No surcharge for any returns filed this week, as per Revenue Twitter a/c

Doesn't specify if this means Friday or Sunday

Back