Roquets de mar --- Recommend or not

nad

Hi just wondering if anyone has any opinions on Roquets de Mar almeria in spain for a weeks holiday in the sun.

I copied the following from a review, I have never been there:-

The popular holiday resort town of Roquetas de Mar was once a sleepy, picturesque fishing village, dating from Roman times, and it still retains its warren of Moorish alley-like streets and pretty aspect of white-washed houses ascending the hillside. Hotel and apartment complexes, however, are beginning to dominate the skyline especially along the long, sandy beaches adjacent to the village. Tourism is big business along the holiday strip in Roquetas de Mar, with shops selling local crafts jostling with numerous restaurants and bars, and myriad activities on offer from horse riding to scuba diving or sailing. Roquetas has an 18-hole golf course (at Playa Serena) and a specially designated nudist beach. Those interested in history will enjoy exploring the ruins of the medieval Castilla de Santa Ana and other fortifications in the area, and bird-watchers have a treat in store at the Las Marinas salt marsh and Punta Entinas beaches a few miles south of the village, where flamingos, egrets and avocets gather.

Been there twice. It is about 40 mins drive from the airport. Plenty of the 40 plus age group around. Would not be suitable for teenagers. Went in March last year and the weather was in the low 20s. Nice walk along the prom, nice beach, bars, restaurants & golf course. If you want any more info just let me know

How do you get there from the airport?

You could try shuttledirect or resort hoppa they might do transfers.
I have used both before for other areas and found them both reliable

Was there a few weeks ago - nice quiet place, some great restaurants, great beach, good for long walks.

There is an airport bus €.90, goes into Almeria, about 200m away from bus station & you can get a bus €1.47 right to the beach front from there - cheapest route to there.

Hope this helps.
LJ

Thanks LJ. Can you remember the bus number and is it fairly frequent?

No 20 from the airport to city ctr

Not sure of the next one - when you get to the station - it's easy to figure it out - there's a massive display board with the departures & full details available - went at least every hour and at points every 30mins & it goes right to the beach and stops beside lots of the hotels - it was very easy & reliable service.
LJ