roomy safe fun family car, 4k max budget?

moneygrower

What's the best option for this cash, we have only one baba but his buggy is huge and I have a gardening habit.

I've seen 2000/2001 ford focus estate for 4k or less. I haven't driven one yet but I believe they are very safe, great boot, decent drive and reasonable to run.

Also, the heart wants a bmw 320d in metalic blue but the boot isn't very big. But it is metalic blue, just to be clear.

I know feck all about cars and have started wondering if there is a car buying service the same as those kirsty types who buy you houses.

I would have thought so; likely to be high mileage and hard to know how well it would have been treated. Should be lots of good value focus estates on the market, so I would be inclined to avoid ex-psv vehicles unless you had no choice.

If mileage and FSH are there, then that's some reassurance. Some taxis are driven 12hours a day, six days a week, whereas many taximen are just part time now. If the mileage is normal (10K a year or thereabouts) then your car was probably in the latter category. It's your call really.

ford focus estaes and fun family car seem to be mutually exclusive.

Subaru legacy with the same engine and running gear as the Impreza WRX now thats more like fun to me.

Avoid PSV I would have though subject to more wear and tare than an ordinary car, plenty of cars out there so if there is any douct walk away.

Focus or Golf estate would seem the most sensible for your needs. Avoid PSVs, you'll get a non-PSV for a reasonable price without the associated doubts. BMW 3 series have very little room in them. Even in metallic blue.:)

Back