Roof Tiler

New Girl

Hi,

I am looking for any recommendations for roof tilers in North Dublin. Have some minor work that needs to be done following the mini hurricane-type weather that has hit Swords lately!

Also, if you are going to claim off your house insurance for such work, do you have to get it approved before the work is carried out or can you claim for it after?

Any advice much appreciated :)

I claimed on my house insurance for some roof repairs about 12 months ago.

They didn't inspect before or after the work - but people have told me that was only because the claim was less than €1000. I Just sent them the roofers estimate and cheque came soon after.

I suppose all insurance companies differ though.

Do you really need a roofer to do the Job? I'm just guessing that since you said it's "minor", is it only a matter of a few tiles having slipped from their spots. If it is, its only a matter of puishing them back into place and tapping a nail in to pin them there. not major work for a handyperson with a head for heights adn might save a bob or two! On the other hand, it may be that tiles are gone, broken etc.......

Thanks for the responses. As the damage is not actually on the roof, it's more the ones that are at the side of the roof (if that makes sense). Nothing has come down yet but they are close to it & with more high winds forecast, i don't want them to come down on a neighbour & injure someone....

A couple of tiles fell off our roof and smashed last week and the insurance company said we can get the work done and send in the report or else get estimates first. Now we're just trying to find someone to do the job.

Back