roof problem

ree

Hi, I have been having problems with wet patches running down the outside walls of my newly built extension. This happens when it rains and dries up when it stops. The water starts directly under the facia board in the middle of the wall on both the side walls. It runs down the middle to the ground. Builder has said that the facia was coming up over the last baton holding down the felt and he has removod the baton, raised it, and brought the felt over it so that the facia is level with the last baton. Does this make sence? I can't understand how this makes a difference as the felt runs into the gutter which is above the facia, and then the slates are over that again. I hope someone can understand what I'm saying as I'm starting to confuse myself here. Any advice would be welcome.
Thanks.

Have to admit , it is difficult to understand your question, try to be more concise.

By the sounds of things , you have a pitched tile roof, with Fascia / Guttering on the sides ... right ???

There are leaks in the middle on both sides, builder states he cut Batons and reattached Fascia , but problem persists .... right ??

If right, I would tell builder you are not concerned about what problem is, but in a solution, he could be brought to small claims court, if unresponsive.

Looks like the tiling may allow water to trail onto batons (they should be covered by underfelt) ...... right ??, and coming down baton onto wall.

If priority is fixing, contact solicitor, and ask if you pay qualified roofer to fix problem, can you sue builder for costs

Yeah kind of right. He didn't remove the facia though. He raised the last baton and put the felt over it running down into the gutter. Felt had been going under the baton . Have already been in touch with solicitor and will bring it futher if need be.

Back