Ronseal Fencelife on Decking

eiregal

I stained the decking for the first time this weekend and used Ronseal Decking Stain. It cost €37.99 per tin and I've gone through two tins without even getting the first coat fully finished. The Ronseal 5 year Fencelife is looking very appealing for the second coat at only €14.99 for a 9 litre tin. Would I ruin the decking by using it? I'm thinking that the decking stain will be under it so the Fencelife will really only be to give it a better colour. Any ideas? It will take another 3 or 4 tins of the stain to finish it.

I'd test it in a small inconspicuous area first. Chances are it will be difficult to get a good match between the area where you haven't already treated with the decking stain and the rest.
Leo

I'm not too worried about the colour because it's the outside of the railing that I didn't get to do so it's not see when standing on the decking. My main concern is if the quality of Fencelife will be good enough for the decking. Although I'm hoping that the stain underneath it will be enough to protect it.