Rome

kd1964

Hi
Can anyone advise me the nicest area to stay in Rome, any hotel recommednations (reasonable) would be appreciated. Any area I should stay away from.
THANKS in advance
kd

We booked into this bed and breakfast near Termini Station for a few days next month. It gets great reviews on Tripadviser and is reasonable and efficient for booking. [broken link removed]

Hi,

A couple of months ago we stayed in a really nice boutique hotel(about 65 rooms) called Hotel 47.
It was very centrally located near the Colosseum area. Rooms were very spacious, spotless clean and quiet. For a double room with a good breakfast we paid €190 per room per night.

I discovered this new hotel on the tripadvisor site. It was then the No. 1 choice for Rome.

Thanks for the replies, does anyone have an email for this b&b, it sounds ideal.
Any area I should not stay in ROME

tHANKS
k

we stayed at the Villa san pio hotel in Aventino several months ago , i think we paid @€140 for room B+B. Gorgeous, bigger than average, room with a huge terrace practically as big as the room. Lovely, better than usual, breakfast buffet. Location was excellent , within 10 - 15 mins walk of all the main attractions and restaurants. contact details are on tripadvisor ..we shopped around to get the best rate however the hotel website also had good special offers. Would really recommend it.

A work colleague of mine got mugged by the Termini station in Rome. It has a bit of a reputation for crime. If you are loking for areas to avoid, I would say avoid the Termini but then it's your choice.

Hi Gemstone

Just planning a trip to rome and saw your recommendation for Villa San Pio. Did you book by email or call the hotel? Also how did you get from the airport to hotel?

Thanks a mill for all the usefull information

We booked by email ...cant remember now through which of the websites , I did email hotel directly with a request which was answered very promptly. To get the hotel special offers you need to mail directly. To get to the hotel from leonardo dio vinci airport , we took the train from the airport to Ostinese - the train on the left platform NOT the express to termini. From the train station it was a very short taxi ride...the whole journey took no time, was no hassle and much cheaper than taking a taxi directly.

info@enjoyromebb.com. Double room is 130 euro per night and its right beside the Church of Maria Maggiori Basilica. The reviews on tripadvisor and other sites sing its praises and and describe the location as very good as you can see.

If you like to walk my suggestion is that you stay in a hotel in the centre and you can walk everywhere from there. I spend 5 days wonderful days last year in a hotel over looking the Panthium, Hotel Abruzzi. Hotel nothing special but LOCATION LOCATION. Didn't step on public transport once as was within a 20 min walk of everywhere so worth paying an an extra few euro a night. Great City cant wait to go back especially off season as very hot during the summer and big crowds.

Back