Rome

jasconius

Got two prices for 3 nights in Rome in July - same hotel same days

With Aer Lingus to DaVinci €485pp
With Ryanair to Ciampino €391pp

Any sugestions why Ryanair package almost €100 cheaper ?

Is Ciampino in Italy????

Threads also mention that Fiumicino (Sp?) is even further !

Every airline is nearly always cheaper than Aer Lingus ! Malev is cheaper for Hungary, Iberia is cheaper for Spain & Ryanair are cheaper for anywhere they fly to, if you book on time !

It's always worth comparing

For leisurely travel to Rome pay the extra money and fly with Aer Lingus to Da Vinci. If you fly with Ryanair you'll arrive miles away from Rome and will have to incur the additional expense of travelling closer to the city; it's just not worth it imo. In Rome everything is accessible on foot; hardly any need for the use of public transport - you might as well pay the few euro extra.
ENJOY!

Ruth

jasconius said:
Got two prices for 3 nights in Rome in July - same hotel same days

With Aer Lingus to DaVinci €485pp
With Ryanair to Ciampino €391pp

Any sugestions why Ryanair package almost €100 cheaper ?

Is Ciampino in Italy????

Is that the price for one person or two people and does it include the flight too?
The G.B. Pastine airport, commonly called Ciampino airport because of the town of Ciampino nearby is about 500 m. off the Rome ring road.

Yes, the price is person and includes flights

Ruth, maybe I am a skintflint but I think €100 less say €10 X 2 for bus etc is more than a few €!

Da Vinci is Fiumicino & it's also miles outside the city center. It took my taxi ages last time I was there. Nearly missed my flight !
I'm going to Rome in June & have hired a pick up service as there are 5 of us. Cost is €68 each way. For 2 it would be €49 each way from either Ciampino or Fiumicino & that's to the centre of Rome.
I'm not a skinflint either but I prefer to go on a few holidays a year than one overcostly one. Personally I find that Ryanair are much quicker with luggage, as airports are smaller & for them time is money so they don't leave plane on the tarmac for too long. Time you gain here makes up for sometimes being a few miles further away.
Have a great time anyway whichever you decide. It's gonna be hot in July.....

Back