Rome with Ryanair

jph

I am hoping to go to Rome with Ryanair - the airport is Ciampino - does anyone know how far this is outside of the city and if there is a connection?

thanks

We did this trip last year it is a lovely airport to go into as it is so small we didn't get in until nearly 12 oclock at night but there is a bus waiting outside that will take you to Rome centre (Termini Station) bus wont leave until Ryanair flight arrives it is only about 30 mins from airport at that time of night and bus cost 8 euro you can buy this online www.lowcostcoach.com I think I bought it in shannon airport. We stayed in hotel about 10 mins from station and walked to hotel so was in bed about one oclock and the best five days - we still talking about it. Hope you enjoy your stay.

From Ciampino airport:

Transport options from Rome Ciampino Airport to central Rome include:

Train: There are no direct trains operating from Ciampino airport to Rome but Cotral buses connect passengers to the Ciampino town station 'Anagnina' every 20 minutes. From there trains into Rome are every 10 minutes and take about 45 minutes to the Termini Station, continuing onto the Spanish Steps and Vatican.

Bus: Regular buses operate from the airport to the Anagnina metro station for Line A trains to the Termini Station.

Coach: Several coach operators serve central Rome:
Terravision
coaches take around 40 minutes to the Termini station with departures every 15 minutes at peak times. Returns from €13.50. Cotral/Schiaffini services link passengers with Rome’s Anagnina subway station via Ciampino railway station between 6am and 10.40pm.

Taxis: Taxi fares to central Rome cost around €35 – a journey time of around 20 minutes

I did this last Nov and it took about 1 hr from airport to Rome city centre, as it was rush hour traffic - 6pm. But the bus was waiting for us when we left arrivals so all in all, it was hassle-free! We could just about walk from Termini to our hotel..

I am hoping to go to Rome with Ryanair - the airport is Ciampino - does anyone know how far this is outside of the city and if there is a connection?

thanks

I recently booked return flights for a trip for a week here in October.
Late arrival time (11.45pm) and will be looking for a handy hotel to stay in for the 1st night.

Also am unsure if it is best to stay in a hotel in Rome city for the week or go to somewhere in the surrounding areas (perhaps a resort type hotel).

Any suggestions welcome

Hi we did this trip last year too, wonderful city and the Ryanair-airport bus thing is so easy, only thing we found was that we got ripped off by a taxi from Termini stn to the hotel - the guy charged us E 25.00 after doing a couple of loops of the block, whereas return trip cost us E 8.00 but it was 1am on a Sat. so not then end of the world.

We stayed at Hotel Colosseum and it was dead handy, it's in a residental area there are 2 Irish pubs with PERFECT Guiness within a 5 / 10 minute walk and some really nice cheap restaurnants nearby too. It's basic, clean and reasonable.

Booked through Venere.com

Enjoy!
S

We spend5 days in Rome and stayed in Hotel Abruzzi and even though the hotel isn't anything spectacular you couldn't beat the location we were within walking distance to everywhere and didn't use public transport once (then we like to walk)The hotel room was small but the time we spent in it we spent looking out the window at the fountain and Panthion and watching the world go by (cheaper than sitting at the bars surrounding the square)It can be a bit noisy at night if you are bad sleeper but we were so exhausted when we hit the bed we heard nothing until morning (except a clap of thunder one night)We think for the price we couldn't have made a better choice when chosing a hotel or location. You can walk to it from the station when you are dropped off by the bus (so no rip off taxi driver).

Back