Rome - arriving to one airport leaving from another any advice?

cara mc k

I am hoping to go to Rome in October, but the flight times and prices are cheaper if I go out with Ryanair (Ciampino) and back with Aer Lingus ( Da Vinci airport).

Has anyone tried this arrving in one aiport & leaving from another, any advice appreaciated.

Cara Mc K

we did this a couple of years ago. We had booked a package with a group from our town but we were unable to fly with them on the day they were going out. We arrived in Da Vinci airport and left with the group from Ciampino. it was organised by a travel agent. it might be different if you are booking yourself but there shouldnt be any problem with it.

Hi

If you get a taxi from Ciampino, be careful of being ripped off. (speaking from experience) If you think you are being overcharged, request a receipt. Contact your accomodation and find out how much it should roughly be prior to going.

Has anyone tried this arrving in one aiport & leaving from another, any advice appreaciated.

Cara Mc K

No issue Cara - you don't have to ask the airline's permission to only fly oneway anymore - well you never did but you used to have to pay through the nose for oneway tickets .. Nobody is going to notice or care that you're travelling on 2 one way tickets now.

Flying out of DaVinci it's a good distance out of town (a lot further than Ciampino) so a taxi would probably be fairly pricey, but there's a train service - an express from Termini Station and a local train you can catch from Tiburtina and other stations but not Termini (slightly slower but more frequent and a good deal cheaper than the express)

I did this in June - arrived in Da Vinci airport and out from Ciampino and I have to disagree with the last post. Da Vinci airport is much easier to get to with the train links, we were departing from Ciampino and got a taxi there. I think it was about €50 but there were four of us so it wasn't much more expensive than getting the bus to Ciampino from Termini Station.

We got a mini bus from Da Vinci. It costs us €50.00 for two people. That was 2 years ago. Our travel agent told us afterwards that we were ripped off.

I'm not disagreeing with you at all ... Ciampino is physically closer to the city centre in Rome - but Da Vinci/Fiumicino while twice as far away has much better transport links, with the direct train service and being right on the Motorway too