Romantic Snow holiday...not Skiing

SPUDZ

Can anyone recommed somewhere in Europe...a week in late Dec/Early Jan. Want SNOW!..nice romantic setting...don't mind trying a bit of skiing/snowboarding....but do not want this to be a package ski type trip.
I know lots of options...but would like specifics if anyone had taken a winter trip like this.
How is the weather in Venice in Jan...SNOW???
Thanks

We went to Stockholm a couple of years ago and I loved it. It snowed every day we were there - we went in March. Flights ex Dublin. The old part of the city was beautiful. I still want to go back.

[broken link removed]

or what about Helsinki...
[broken link removed]

Hi lorz, well if you fly into Barcelona and drive up to near lleida there is a little village called llarvoski and we stayed there, we were the only english speaking people there so around there is kind of lovely and very away from it, near there is bacquiera were the royalty ski, but the hotels have lovely spa things are you pay including meals, very different,

Fly to Zurich get a train to Luzern. Luzern is a nice city to while away a few days. Then get a cable car up to Pilatus - 7,000 feet up. There is a hotel up there. Stay a night. Spectacular!!

May I recommend Oberstdorf in Bavaria, Germany. I have gone there the last 2 years in a row and am looking at booking next years trip. Ryanair fly to Memmingen, it's a new route but apparently it is only an hour away from Oberstdorf by rail.

admittedly we will be spending quite a bit of time trying to ski, but we will deffinatly take some time off to go for a walk as the scenery is amazing.

Food and drink are relatively cheap & there is really good Guinness in the local [broken link removed], isn't there one everywhere? but this one is actually quite good even if it is ran by an english guy and has a dodgy karaoke night, the locals are friendly and the German's in general have good time for the Irish.

There is also a nice nudie sauna (if that's your thing) with an outside pool - it's strange swimming, when there is snow falling on your shoulders.

on the romance side of thing's, I've not gone there myself but King Ludwig's Castle is supposed to be close by and impressive, also the inspiration to the Sleeping Beauty Castle.

hope that helps, now I'm back on my search for a way around the ryanair credit card charge, can anyone direct me to the thread?

edit - found one http://www.askaboutmoney.com/showthread.php?t=119522&highlight=ryanair+credit+card+charge

It has to be Zermatt, Switzerland. You can go easily by train from Geneva/Zurich airport all the way to the little train station. A village in the alps, car's banned. Beautiful, loads to do not just ski.

Back