Romantic restaurant in Dublin?

Gulliver1

Hi all,

I want to take my partner somewhere nice and romantic this coming Saturday night - preferably Dublin city centre, but other areas considered also (we live in Dun Laoghaire/Killiney area).

Can you please recommend somewhere (be it Italian, Chinese, Indian or otherwise) romantic that will really make a statement?!

Thanks in advance. :p

I really like The Port House, South William Street. You can't book a table there however.

Also Pearl Brasserie is really nice, especially if you can get one of their private booths.

Dunne and Crescenzi, South Frederick Street another option (you also can't book this place)

Trocadero on Andrews Street would also be good.

Chez Max at the gates to Dublin Castle is my final suggestion.

Good luck choosing!

Fairly pricey tho, €17 for pasta, €20 for a breast of chicken.....

I wouldn't have Dunne & Crescenzi as romantic at all! nice food but tables too close together, too bright etc

Koh the Thai Restaurant in the Millennium Walkway is pretty romantic I think, nice booths with space around you so that the next table isn't listening to every romantic word you say, gorgeous cocktails, nice lighting and the food is superb.

We're going to Alexis on Patrick Street, Dun Laoghaire on Saturday.

Had lunch there and the food, service, ambiance was really great and very good value, so now we're trying dinner.

Very nice restaurant with toilets which give the appearance of being in a 4/5 star hotel. You can tell a lot about a restaurant by the appearance of the toilets! :)

Alexis is lovely but I found it quite noisy / buzzy so not sure it is romantic? Somewhere bit quieter / cosy would appeal to me more for romance. I'm racking my brains to think of my fave romantic place in city centre and a special birthday in Patrick Guilbalds wins (but totally too expensive to suggest) so the other restaurants I found romantic (cosy and dark) and lovely were Il Segreto, The Port House and Odessa (downstairs in Odessa) Have a good night! Let us know where you go!

Odessa is nice too, good call. The Port House sister restaurant Bar Pintxo just down from the Irish Film Institute is nice too (not as nice as the Port House) but usually easier to get a table in.

my fave romantic place in city centre and a special birthday in Patrick Guilbalds wins (but totally too expensive to suggest)

I've been there a few times (other people were paying) and while the food is superb it's just a little bit too pretentious. The staff can also be very condescending (in comparison to their counterparts in 2 star Michelin restaurants in France) and the wine is horrendously overpriced.

i actually loved Gordon Ramsay's at Powerscourt - especially the surroundings are really spectacular and you can enjoy your dinner /or the early bird which is really very good/ in a restaurant with a beautiful view and even spend the night in the Ritz-Carlton

Back