Romantic Proposal

Husssy

Want to propose to better half on her birthday on July 4th, Looking for romantic suggestions to woo her, preferably somewhere outside of ireland(not Paris...she hates it!!). Both not into sun as such, would be for about 3/4 days. And the painful part... NO BUDGET LIMITATIONS. Appreciation in advance.

Proposing to get married on July 4th? Independence Day??

Now that's an oxymoron!!! ;)

Go to America, I doubt there would be anywhere else better on that date

Florida or New York.

Good luck

Florida or New York.

Good luck

Boston! Have always wanted to go to Boston for the 4th with the fireworks display to music, its supposed to be brilliant.
Hope no one replies and says it's crap and bursts my bubble.

Hi husssy!

Are you sure you're doing the right thing - you know you're proposing on independence day??!! Given that - what about New York - there should be even more hype going on there for 4th July! Maybe a stroll through Central Park as the sun sets might be nice and romantic and then as it's an exciting time you have an exciting city to explore!!

Spicey

Venice, Rome, Edinburgh, Barcelona all great cities and all with nice romantic spots for proposing.
Good luck

Florida or New York.

Good luck

Don't knock it - we got engaged on July 4th... end of my independence!!!* And it was in Paris!
Actually if dosh is no problem (you lucky lucky person), book a weekend in the [broken link removed]in Edinburgh - it's romance on a stick

*But it was the start of something far better :p

i brought my better half to rome for a romantic weekend ,we went to a park in rome ,part of the villa bourgeasi (excuse spelling)there is a beautiful balloon ride there which goes really high over the park giving you a great view of rome ,sun was setting and whatever way the light caught her face i knew i just had to ask her to marry me,i had no ring or speech but took the plunge and just took her hand and asked her,adding i knew she would prefere to pick her own ring when we got off the plane in dublin,she said yes to my delight ,there wasnt a dry eye in the balloon ! when we got back to dublin on sunday we were shocked to see some of the big jewlers were not open ,but fields on grafton st saved the day and i threw the plastic on the counter like there was no tomorrow ,she got the ring she wanted and i got the answer i wanted :)3 months later we found out she was 7 weeks pregnant and we now have a little boy 2 yrs old and still not married ! so good luck and go for it !

what about niagra falls. its romance written all over it. and if she knocks you back you can push her in or you can jump in yourself :) you have to think ahead

If you're not mad about hot weather, I wouldn't recommend new york. I was there in July 2005 and the heat and humidity was unbearable!

Go to Chicago... fab city, book a table in the Signature Lounge at the top of the John Hankcock building with views out over the city.

Back