Romantic Holiday Idea??

hjrdee

Okay I'll keep it brief:

My girlfriends birthday is about 3 weeks away and am looking to take her away for a weekend break. Only problem is I'm not sure where to go! It would be a two day break with a budget of about €400. Not a huge budget but we're about to go house building so funds are a little tight. Some may have seen my previous post about going to Eurodisney but again we've decided to postpone this for a year or so. Doesn't really matter too much if its in Ireland or abroad, just want to get away for a few days really.

If anybody has any ideas I would appreciate it greatly.

I'd say try for the cheapest ryan air or aer lingus flights you can get and then spend the money on a nice hotel. Going to the airport and on a plane always makes a short break seem more exotic esp if it is a surprise and you are brought to the airport to be whisked off somewhere. My opinion anyway. enjoy

go to the christmas markets in europe.
Ryanair are giving flights for 10c one way.

you can check out [broken link removed] or for great hotel discounts. the second link only asks for a deposit booking and accepts cash when you get there.

It could easily be done very cheaply, esp for 2 nights.

Does anyone actually get these cheap flights with Ryanair? I'm not talking about taxes and charges but I have looked at their site several times , tried several of the dates within which there are free flights( 10 cent flights and the like ) and I have never ,ever arrived at the prices they advertise.

You have to be flexible with the dates, and ideally be able to fly midweek (yeah, great, thanks! ) But last January I got seven return flights from Shannon to Beauvais for €128 — €0.14 for the flights, €127.86 taxes. Of course, it was another €140 for the Ryanair bus to get us into Paris and back...

Try using the .

Its not a ryanair bus - its run by an independent company appointed to beauvais airport.

I know that. Actually, they're the most efficient/courteous link in the chain of the Ryanair-to-France experience.

I also noticed that prior to the sub-contracting, it was run/staffed exclusively by white Frenchmen, whereas now they're exclusively of African origin — and of course speak far better English/German/Italian/Spanish, etc. They also don't snap at your kids...

Think that bus is now 13 euro so thats now 26 euro return added on to Beauvais to get into central Paris!

Okay I'm thinking of going to Paris from Thurs to Sunday. Not that expensive but am wondering if its safe to go at the moment what with all the riots and everything. Would be flying Ryanair, so what part of Paris would be best for a hotel. Thanks

the flights are there ok. i got ones last year also to gay paree for 1c each way about €54 in all for the two of us. car park at dublin airport cost almost as much. Didnt find the bus drivers particularly friendly, especially when we went to that clump of grass where the busses pull of from. Driver sat with door closed until there was a queue and only then only opened the door when there was about 5 mins to go to departure. . and it was bloody cold as it was late evening.. African guy too I would say, but dont know. anyway for the money it was a brilliant break.

If you want to stay in Ireland, why not check out http://www.coolbawnquay.com
Not sure what your location is , but this place is in North Tipperary.

Have not been there myself, but it has come highly recommended. A very relaxing weekend.

Thanks for the ideas, am thinking of going to Paris of London. Can fly from Knock to Luton which is handy, but am wondering where in London would be best to get a hotel. I know we can get the train to the city centre from the airport but may be cheaper to get a hotel nearer the airport. Most of the hotel search engines just say london but dont really specify whereabouts the hotel is in relation to the airports. Any help greatly appreciated!

Have a sconce at lastminute.ie for good hotel rates. Any thing with an EC, or WC postcode is going to be very central. Don’t forget to add the travel costs and time to get to Luton from Liverpool street to your calculations. To work out traintimes and costs, look at nationalrail.co.uk. For ideas of what to do, check on visitLondon.com or thisislondon.com. With your rail ticket, you get half price admission to many attractions

Take a look at www.premiertravelinn.com . The rooms are quite basic, but clean and have all u need. Theres a great location of one at 'County Hall' right by the London eye...and theres plenty of scope for lovely romantic river walks and lazy lunches in the many cafes along the bank- great travel links too!

Thanks for all the info. flying to London from knock on sat and coming back on monday for 27 EUR for 2. Got a hotel near hyde park for about 200 Eur for 2 nights as well, so im more than happy! Just need to contact a nice restaurant for a meal on sunday night. Anybody been to 15 restaurant (jamie Olivers) of gordon ramsays restaurants cos the other half is a big fan of the chefs. I know they prob wont be there but if I get her to the restaurant, thats my job done!

Okay back from my lovely weekend in london. Just a bit of info for anybody flying into London Luton though. While the flights may be cheap, €27 for two in our case, you need to factor in the cost of travelling to london from luton by train. The cost for two return tickets from Luton airport to Kings Cross was £43 Stg (about 65-70 Euro).

Just in case anyone was interested in going you need to factor this in.

Any if your going at this time of year, its bloody cold!!!

Lovely weekend though.