Roman blinds

pavlov

I want to get Roman blinds made for the windows on the fronts of our house.

Has anyone gotten them made before? Is there anyone you'd recommend to do so for me?
I'm based in Dublin, on the northside but not far from the city centre.
I know the cost of the blinds varies according to the material I would buy, but does anyone have any idea how much it would cost (roughly) for a window 200cmX100cm?

Thanks

Believe it or not it is very difficult to get a roman blind made to a high stardrad finish in Dublin. It gets even more difficult as the size gets bigger. Looking at your sizes which are quite large expect to spend €250 -€300.
I know it sounds expensive .............be very aware of cheaper quotes

Hi Pavlov, have you tried the search facility? There are lots of previous threads on blinds that might have something of use, there's even a key post on blinds.
Leo

Yeah, the going rate for custom made roman blinds around Dublin seems to be well north of €200.

We were in the market for these recently and ended up buying the material (about €250 for 5 blinds, including the liner, went for some fairly expensive stuff) and having a seamstress (hope that's not a sexist term ) make them for us. We don't have a final price for this (family acquaintance, doesn't really want to negotiate and just said pay us what we think it's worth) but I'd say she'd be delighted with €250, especially as we went for a pretty simple design. There are plenty of small operators who make curtains etc, check your yellow pages if you feel like going down this route.

Good networking advice there, Clubman, but I should add that the job is ongoing, so can't give any recommendations at this point.

After a lot of searching around a few years ago we got ours made to measure from Douglas in Camden Street. Got about 10 roman blinds, wooden venetian blinds / wooden door blind and 2 sets of full length curtains for bay windows and it was about 2 grand (punts) for everything. That was about 4 years ago and havent had a problem with them since. Otherwise Argos and Habitat have ready made ones in some sizes, worth checking.