Roman Blind Kits

LMNOP

I’m wondering if anyone has used these to make roman blinds and would you recommend them? They are not cheap, €40 - €100 depending on the window size (cheaper if purchased online from the UK), but still a good bit cheaper then having them made. I can sew, but have not done so for years.

Thanks.

Can you link to info on such kits please? A colleague is looking for something similar at the moment.

I got one in Hickey's Home Focus in Blanchardstown about 2 years ago. It didn't turn out to be very successful - actually never used it. I think though that it was because of my lack of crafts/DIY experience and bad measuring!!

Thanks. Your man got what he needed (Roman blind cord for repairs) in Apollo Blinds on Capel Street on the recommendation of Hickey's on Henry Street.

Remember the blind kit is only as good as the quality of the making of the actual blind. While they would appear to be simple,very few people seem to achieve the required results;ie a sharp and square finish!

Remember the blind kit is only as good as the quality of the making of the actual blind. While they would appear to be simple,very few people seem to achieve the required results;ie a sharp and square finish!

I used to make my own Roman blinds. They are the easiest thing in the world to sew. However, you do need a good eye. This is where Mr. LW and his straight edge came into play!!