Roller Garage Door

Megan

I have just had a new roller garage door fitted. The rain is coming in under the door. I am told by my supplier that it nots their problem because I happen to be the only costomer in the 20 years that they are in business that has an uneven concrete floor. Isnt it great to be 1st at something!!!!.
Any solutions to this problem.

presuming if the rain is coming in under the door the slant falls towards your garage is there any way that you would be able to iscrease slight the cement out the door causing the rain th roll the other way? I'm sure in 20 years you cannot be the first person to have this problem though and that sounds like terrible aftercare while it may not be their prob surely the could point you in the right direction

Megan I can assure you that you are not the first and their answer that you received is laughable. Has he sold you or installed the door on the pretense it would not let water in underneath ( I think not ). I'm afraid the contact between the bottom of the door and the ground is only as good as the level of the ground. Raising the ground slightly just inside the garage door maybe your best option given it will also stop rain that comes down the door itself from seeping into the garage. Only downside is the water will gather in front of your garage given the ground seems to fall in that direction ? But you will have a dry garage.

Megan said:
I have just had a new roller garage door fitted. The rain is coming in under the door. I am told by my supplier that it nots their problem because I happen to be the only costomer in the 20 years that they are in business that has an uneven concrete floor. Isnt it great to be 1st at something!!!!.
Any solutions to this problem.

Thank you for your replys. I did stress to my supplier (who also installed the door) that I wanted a sealed unit as I had lived for 20years odd with an up and over door that did let water in. They are now suggesting but a one inch sadle on the outside but it would be a health and safety issue in a public building. Do ye think I am wise to go with this solution. What if someone trips over it ?

Back