ROG starting on Sunday!!

Luckycharm

Happy with team bar the obvious once we don't have to rely on his defence,broken field running, tactical kicking or place kicking given his recent form we will be fine

Rog to play a blinder and see us home against the Aussies. (Spoken as a Leinster supporter).

Not a ROG fan, but if Sexton started and performed poorly, ROG would have come on and we might not see Sexton for a long time. If ROG plays badly all Sexton has to do is play not as badly to be still in the mix for SA

Sexton has started 5 Heineken cup games in his career (and 5 substitute appearances) a handful of under age international caps and you really think he is ready to start against the Aussies.....are you mad!

He is playing well but has no experience at international level. I have no doubt he will becdome the first choice number 10 sooner rather than later but he needs to gain a little experience before the been given the nod against a really tough opponent.

The Aussies will attack the 10 position as they did against England. They know full well it is our weak spot. I am an avid Munster fan and in ROG I trust but I would love to see Sexton get a chance to blood, possibly literally as well as figuratively, before the World Cup. Genia is only 21 and is getting a chance for Australia. He made some cock ups in the tri-nations but still got his game and will be a better player for it come the WC.

Although seeding is important I believe games like this are a chance to give much needed experience for the likes of Sexton. I would play ROG against S.A. as he has unfinished business and deserves his atonement.

Cian Healy is starting on Saturday too which is great news. He deserves the chance albeit Horan is injured.

ROG is the man for the windy wet conditions. Sexton will get his day.

I can see Sexton coming on at half-time. Better to blood him this way than have the pressure of his first cap as a start against the Aussies.

I would have no problem starting Sexton. They are better off playing against opposition like this and seeing what International Rugby is really like. Amazing how quickly players learn if they are up to it.

However, O'Gara has not let Ireland down and deserves the chance to once again prove people wrong. He is under pressure though and that is great to see for Irish Rugby.

Fingers crossed for Cian Healy as well. Now if we can just somehow manage to keep the Bull playing into his 70's, we would be sorted.

I’m in 2 minds over this, I’ve no problems with ROG starting as he’s a proven record but in the same sense we need a viable replacement for ROG should he get injured and if Sexton doesn’t get game time we’ll never know if he can hack international rugby. I’d worry about Oz targeting our 10 channel especially since paddy Wallace was picked, him and ROG are not renowned defenders.
Looking at the Oz touring squad only 4 lads are over the age of 28, while 22 of their squad are 25 or younger – they’ll be fully ready in 2 years time for rugby world cup whereas we’ll be entering the world cup with a very old squad of players past their best, or a young squad with inexperienced players.
Still Ireland to win (after a rusty start)

Genia started the season as backup scrumhalf for the Queensland reds- look at him now? One of HEC performances was man of the match in the HEC final - remind me again of how ROG did in his first HEC final?
I say we won the GS despite ROG bar the drop goal he was pretty terrible last 6ns anyone remember his shocker against England? Time to move on- trust the youth.

And Queenlands reds season is over so he has had the whole season to get experience in the Super 14 (He has 25ish games in the Super 14s). Sexton only started this season as Leinsters first choice outhalf, the only reason he ended last season as first choice was due to Contepomi's injury (yea with a fantastic performance) and our season has only just started.
Don’t get me wrong I think Sexton will be Ireland first choice outhalf very soon I just don’t think he should be started against the aussies. He dosent have enough experience yet.
What is the rush especially when he'll be starting against Fiji next week, and who knows if ROG is as bad as you think it might even work in Sextons favour against SA!!

I say we won the GS despite ROG bar the drop goal he was pretty terrible last 6ns anyone remember his shocker against England? Time to move on- trust the youth.

Bar the drop goal that won the match that won the grand slam, so we didn't really win it despite him then.

Happy with team bar the obvious once we don't have to rely on his defence,broken field running, tactical kicking or place kicking given his recent form we will be fine

Who would you play instead?

Move Wallace to 10, Bring Earls on and D'arcy to come onto bench?

Scrum was dodgy but Healy had a magnificent game in the loose.
Wallace also played very well at 12 and O'Gara had a decent game and put in some good tackles.

Fair result in the end I thought.

Scrum was dodgy but Healy had a magnificent game in the loose.
Wallace also played very well at 12 and O'Gara had a decent game and put in some good tackles.

Fair result in the end I thought.
I agree. Other than the bad pass that gave away the early try O'Gara has a good game but he's still nowhere near the man he was a few years ago.