Rockview, Portlaois

C

Cill

Hi,

Recently looking at the houses on this site seem very nice and really considering buying one. What do people from the area think of the development and would it be worth buyin.(i'm from dublin by the way)Will prices drop they seem very reasonable so maybe not, just posting to see if anyone has any knowledge of the development or even about portlaois in general.
Thanks in advance for your replies

What are the prices? I know the portlaoise fairly well.

Joejoe

I viewed those houses last March, the 3 & 4 beds for 255K, very spacious in a location, I would have bought one but it was slightly out of budget. I heard they were selling very well earlier in the year

the one I was lookin at was a 4 bed detached for 279,500, its Hume that are tryin to sell the houses and all the prices and pics of the houses are on their website

I viewed those houses last March, the 3 & 4 beds for 255K, very spacious in a location, I would have bought one but it was slightly out of budget. I heard they were selling very well earlier in the year

Have you tried Eskerhills, very nice development IMO.

Joejoe

I'd check with Hume again. Ask if the developer would be prepared to accept less. Do not tell the estate agent what your budget is or what you are prepared to spend, just say is the developer open to offers.

I'd check with Hume again. Ask if the developer would be prepared to accept less. Do not tell the estate agent what your budget is or what you are prepared to spend, just say is the developer open to offers.

i have done this and was told that the developer set the prices low in the first place and was unwillin to go any lower. but 279,500 for a 4 bed detached is not bad imo

i have done this and was told that the developer set the prices low in the first place and was unwillin to go any lower. but 279,500 for a 4 bed detached is not bad imo

You may be getting a good deal right now, but think of six months or in a years time, will you consider it good value then. If the developer was offering genunie good value, surely the whole development would be sold out?

What about asking for additional suff, such as decking and the like.

Joejoe