Robot mower issue

deadl0ck

Hi all.

I have robot mower that has a 4 year guarantee.

It's currently in year 2 of the guarantee and back in May it needed a new screen and drive motor.

The seller has had major issues getting the spare parts as the mower company was bought out by black and decker and they were very slow getting set up with the Irish resellers.

Anyhoo, the dealer still has my mower 3 months later and is still waiting on parts but in the meantime I have been screwed, borrowing a mower to keep the lawns sorta tidy.

It's about half an acre of lawns and the mower was €2.5k so it's not a trivial amount.

The dealer now says he has sourced someone in Germany that has parts, but he wants me to pay for them (about 350 euro) so i can get the mower working again, and when he gets the parts from the manufacturer he'll keep them as spares for me.....

Shouldn't he just pay for them and repair my mower?

Or where do I stand on this?

Thanks!

Who paid for the new screen and drive motor?

Why do Black & Decker not cover the parts?
Nobody has paid for anything yet - the dealer suggests that he order the required parts from Germany (some other seller there that has them) and I then pay him for them.
Under warranty they should be supplied by B&D, however, he is still waiting for them to get their systems in order since they took over - apparently, he has to reapply to be the main dealer in Ireland with B&D and this is all taking time.

So he is suggesting that I pay him for the ones he can source from Germany, and then when Black & Decker gets their act together he will get the same parts under warranty and have them as "spares" for me.

My point is - should I care where he gets them from? Should he just get them and fix my mower?
I'm unsure where I stand as this is now a warranty as opposed to the first year you get as standard and is covered by law- I'm not sure where I stand with the extra years' warranty (Mower has a 4-year warranty).

I hope that makes sense??

I certainly would not be handing over any money when I have a 4 year guarantee. As you don't know, at this stage, if you will need another new screen or drive motor, they may well land up surplus to requirements.

Long term if he is not appointed the new main dealer, the parts may not be replaced.

I would be contacting the M.D. in Black & Decker to sort this matter out. Its a pity that the mower did not cost €2,000 as you would have been able to go to the Small Claims Court but their cut-off is that figure.

Back