Robbed in Poland - Three Types of Insurance

pele10

While at the Euros in Poland, my jacket was stolen from a campsite. In the jacket was an iphone 4, sunglasses , wallet with cards and around 50 euro worth of Polish money, and usual cards.

Iphone was disabled immediately with Three and all cards were cancelled. Does not seem to be any improper use of anything. The police were called and I got a police report, but the culprit could not be identified.

I have 3 types of insurance
- Iphone insurnace with Pier Insurance
- Mutlitrip Travel Insurance with VHI
- Home Contents with Ulster Bank

What is best way to go about claiming as I dont want to get caught out claiming for same things with different insurance companies?

IPhone insurance with pier. The rest with multitrip but given that the cost of cash, jacket and sunglasses may not exceed the excess cost you may not get much. Is there excesses on the other insurance policies ?

IPhone insurance with pier. The rest with multitrip but given that the cost of cash, jacket and sunglasses may not exceed the excess cost you may not get much. Is there excesses on the other insurance policies ?
Thanks for the quick reply, think there is 85 euro excess for multitrip. Have not really looked into it too much as just back.

Personally I would try ringing up and seeing what exactly you are covered for and will the price of your insurance may rise next year because of the claim. If at that stage you feel it's worthwhile claiming then go for it. But given that the value of the jacket and sunglasses may be low it might be too much hassle/not worth it.

Before ringing, read your small print and be clear in your own mind as to exactly how/when the items were taken. Travel insurance claims are the most frequent type, and the most open to spurious claims, so the claim handlers' first job will be to find any possible grounds for turning down the claim. You wouldn't have a prayer, for example, if you hadn't obtained that police report, however little use it may be.

Before ringing, read your small print and be clear in your own mind as to exactly how/when the items were taken. Travel insurance claims are the most frequent type, and the most open to spurious claims, so the claim handlers' first job will be to find any possible grounds for turning down the claim. You wouldn't have a prayer, for example, if you hadn't obtained that police report, however little use it may be.
Yeah been onto both VHI and the I Phone crowd and police report was first thing they looked for. Looks like it should be pretty straight forward.

Back