Roadworks on the M50 - are they still bad?

delgirl

Last time I went to Dublin Airport was in August and from Wicklow it took 3 and a half hours on the M50, due to the roadworks, for a journey that normally takes 1 hour and 15 minutes.

Can anyone tell me if they are still bad? I'm travelling on Thursday afternoon around 2pm. Thanks.

I don't think that it's necessarily any worse. The problem now is that without hard shoulders where they are working, if there is a crash that side of the motorway gets paralysed. I saw that happening y'day and in September on one occasion the situation was so bad that we would not have made a flight except that we'd decided to take the coach from Leopardstown which goes across town. You'd need to give yourselves plenty of time I reckon.

Thanks Pat127, there must have been an accident that day I was held up, it was in the middle of the day too, so not rush hour traffic.

I think I might go with the EastLink toll bridge just in case.

folks any first hand knowledge on the Toll-bridge? is it most likely the toll will be removed? whats ur view?

The toll should have been removed ages ago...I think people from Dublin should organise a big march and complaint about it. I don't care what they say, the toll is affecting the traffic and they have made enough money at this stage.

SAY NO TO THE TOLL!!!!!!