Roads Gritted (Dublin)

MANTO

Well I have to say, the roads were no more gritted than i am the Pope. Its an absolute disgrace.

I was on the bus this morning and the driver told me there is a good chance services will be stopped again today due to the bad conditions and the poor gritting

Dublin City Council - get the finger out!

Main roads where I live are gritted and completely clear of snow/ice.

Footpaths are actually more lethal than the roads in many places including the City Centre.

One thing is for sure, I won't be doing a full days work like yesterday. What a fiasco.

I came into the city centre from Rathfarnham and the main roads were leathal.

Tallaght was a nightmare, very icy and slushy and most of the buses not going as far as Tallaght

That must be a nightmare - there are only so many people you can fit on the luas to Tallaght

According to the radio news, Dublin City Council have only one day's salt/grit left for spreading on the roads. After that, ye're on yere own!!

And the sad thing is, that doesnt even surprise me - think i will invest in a pair of Ski's

I got home at 1am and back up at 7am and there was a massive improvement in the roads around Santry/Coolock. It also looked like they're scraped some of the roads clear too which was a big help but there's just too much to cover in one night with only 7 gritters.

Potentially more bad news from [broken link removed].

We put up anyone who wanted to stay in a local hotel (10 minutes walk away). 9 people stayed there. Everyone made it in to work.

What about the rest of the country!! Poor auld Dublin in the rare auld times again !!

We put up anyone who wanted to stay in a local hotel (10 minutes walk away). 9 people stayed there. Everyone made it in to work.

How were their heads!! I dread to think of what the result would be if myself and some of my collegaues found ourselves stranded in a hotel for a night!

None of the main roads around Rathfarnham and Firhouse have been gritted. Traffic is crawling along at about 15 mph. I dread to think what it will be like when people start coming home from work (those who made it in!).

None of the roads in or around Clondalkin village have been gritted. A large truck blocked up the one way system in the village for a while this morning and nothing could get past.

Our road (Sandyford) is virtually impassible. Several crashed cars abandoned by us and many others abandoned because people cannot get up our hill