road tax

S

stich

Hi all,
could you give me hand....I bought used 01 VW Transporter last monday....motor dealer said that hi did D.o.E for me and I will recive this with log book by post...still nothing....I have now allready motor insurance and I need to buy road tax....so do I proof of D.o.E and log book for this? On web site oasis.ie I found that just some form R100 and fee be required....did I understand well......?
Thanks for help
Jaroslav

I assume the motor dealer has sent the log book to the Vehicle Registration Unit in Shannon to have it updated. In which case, you should receive a new log book by post within 10 working days.

If the dealer got the vehicle DOE tested and it passed then he should have given you the Pass Statement when you bought the car. You will need this in order to tax the vehicle as a "commercial vehicle".

In order to tax the vehicle, it needs to (a) be registered in your name; (b) have a valid DOE Pass Statement (c) be insured. You need to complete an RF100 Form with the above details (available in Motor Tax office or Garda Station). If you haven't been using the VW since you bought it you need to get the Gardai to witness the Declaration of Non-Use on the RF100.

I am not sure if you need to have this vehicle weighed or not (I assume not), in which case the motor tax should be €253 for 12 months plus €6 for the DOE Certificate of Road Worthiness.

Hope this helps!

Hi Rois,
thank you for answer,but finally I found today that ****s happens,today I was in this motor dealer again,for this D.o.E and hi said hi needs to change front breaks because this guy from D.o.E centre did not give to him stamp because was some breaks indicator lighting.Just this....van is passed test and for stamp just this...BUT...indicator was still lighting and hi said I have come back tuesday 9am and hi will switch off this by computer...
O.K. but on my back way to city centre I heard some sound from rear of car like rear breaks going to **** also..so I stoped at Fast and fit for additional check I they are found that rear breaks needs to be change too..and left spiral is BROKEN !!!!!!!
So I called to dealer about this and they said will be fix in tuesday....
but I worry...what will be next ?!
Are people somehow protected by law here in Ireland against such things ?
Is some period for warranty on used cars?
Thanks very for advice

Don't know too much about this subject but it sounds like that the motor dealer gave you false and misleading information! He said the DOE was completed but if it was then you shouldn't be having such major problems so soon with it! Did you buy from a garage? if so maybe it's under warranty, if it is they should fix it free of charge.
will be interested to know how you get on.

I do not wanna tell name of this company...not yet...but this is normall motor dealer with used cars...about 25 - 30 cars on place.....and hi give me false informations because on webside was (75000 miles..120 000km) true is 120 000 miles.....(1 owner) in copy of log book I found after paying him 3 owners....alarm..immobilliser.....was not....but I been spend lots of time by looking some van....and I could not waiting.....so I been thinking 1200 000 mil is not too much for VW.....alarm and immobilliser I do not need....so ok...price was 6 700 eu I did pay 2 400 eu cash and balance will be loan on 24 months by 215e/month....so I think that is better than buy some older...cheaper...with no warranty.....
I just did need some van very quick because I am litlle bit bussy...
So I like to know how is possibility pass D.o.E with no good brakes..broken spiral... may be .....corruption
I hope that engine will be o.k. in future

Did the motor dealer give you a Warranty when you bought the van? Were you told by the dealer that the van had passed the DOE when you bought the van? Do you have a copy of the original sales ad/website? You should certainly have consumer rights if you were mislead by false information, but I am a bit unclear about the above questions.

Hi,
yes I have copy of receipt,there is warranty 3 months or 3000 km, for engineered gearbox ONLY ,van didnt have D.o.E but hi said is no problem hi will make this for me...after 3 days hi call to me test is passed and i can pick up the van...so after hi said that test is finished I did pay to him and signed contract....
I am just used from czech when u buying used car u have rights by law cancel contract when thinghs are happens like this...
But second side of this...my stupid problem that I signed contract >under pressure< i have to say,with no perfect check under the van...

Back