River Forest Leixlip

mollyoh

I have been looking at houses up in river forest glendale area. Anyone able to tell about the estate and what its like? Also could anyone tell me if the attics are suitable for conversion in the semi- detached houses in riverforest?

Hi, yes the attic would be suitable for conversion...you should look at houses in celbridge much nicer place to live and you would get more for your money..

Rented in Riverforest for about a year and im origionally from Celbridge. I would agree Celbridge is a much nicer place to live as biased as that may sound but i didnt really think much of the houses in Riverforest ...a 3 bed semi seems smaller than a 3 bed semi in Celbridge. Some parts of Riverforest are a bit rough but you get that anywhere. Although Celbridge has a small village i found Leixlip to be much smaller and everything is more compact. THe Ozone nightclub is there as well so every friday and Sat night the streets and pubs are packed with teenagers.Although it has opened a new pub called the courtyard and i hear that is lovely. The only really bad thing about lexlip is the constant smell from the liffey,you wont smell if from riverforest but by god its strong espically in the summer!The 66a(i think) goes up to rivervalley -captins hill i think, otherwise you can get any 66 which drops you at the bottom of the village and then you have a bit of a walk up the hill. Hope this helps!

River Forest is right beside the railway station with trains into Connolly very regularly so from that point of view is a great for commuting. You are just a short stoll from the village though there is shopping centre beside the hotel River Forest for basic needs and if you have children Confey Football grounds are right beside you also. I do agree with other posters though that there are nicer estates around.

Thanks for that all. It real helped cause was juggling between celbrodge and leixlip so i think maybe stick with celbridge. any hints on estates there similar 3 bedded but with option to convert attic.

I'd have to agree with the previous posts, Celbridge could work out to be the better option. I rented a house at the back of the riverforest estate for 12 months two years ago. (because that was the minimum lease and i had signed a contract!) I found that riverforset can be quite a noisy and sometimes intimidating place to reside. The nights were always full of mysterious noises, which i always hoped was was just the train line which runs surprisingly close to the back of the houses. Theres was also a problem with a neighbour using some loud machinery late at night, it sounded like a chainsaw but i couldnt be certain. What ever it was it was enough to give both myself and my son mark several sleepless nights.

Back