Risks on buying a home (builders finish) that has been idle for 9 years?

buckfast

I am looking to buy a house and have come across one that was built 9 years ago, but never lived in. The house is plumbed, walls plastered etc. and I believe that the electicity was initially connected etc. Of course, we will get an engineer to survey the house if we decide to progress, but first would like to know others views on buying a house that has been lying idle for such a long period.
Cheers

big risk to me would be the impact dampness would have had on the house. Secondly make sure you know why it was never lived in and any legal issues are resolved before buying

watch the plumbing as well. It can degrade over time when not used, especially if there was water in it during frost, etc.
If it was me, I would get a plumber and electrician to have a quick look at it before signing. It will probably be fine, but better safe than sorry.

I would get a plumber

Get him to pressure test the whole system. Remember we had severe frost about 6 years ago. Look out for signs in ceilings for where leakages might have occurred. Underfloor piping would be especially important to check. Check that CH boiler is not cracked