Rip off touts- don't needaticket...

triplex

i am astonished - standing Amy Winehouse tickets were 30€ on ticketmaster - concert is sold out. now standing tickets are being offered on needaticket.net for €150.00??????

Are people nuts? would people actually pay this?

:eek:

Are such online sales actually illegal? If not then I don't see how touts are ripping anybody off. If somebody is willing to pay €150 for a €30 face value ticket then that's their choice. Anybody who baulks at such inflated prices can decline to purchase.

Hate saying it but I paid that for Bob Dylan tickets a few years ago. He's played in Ireland a few times since. Learned my lesson. Vowed never again.

That said if I thought it was the only chance to see and hear someone I was a fan of....I'd hope I wouldn't... but who knows....

sure if you throw a free pint (and maybe an auld hang sangwitch) in along with the ticket it instantly becomes a 'hospitality ticket' and then you can charge whatever the feck you want!!

No - that says nothing about the illegality or otherwise of selling tickets online for more than their face value.

Yes, you're quite right, however, it is quite clear to me that that the OP is using the term rip-off to indicate "over-priced" or "overly-expensive." I am surprised that you do not see that.

Come to think of it, at least you understand the importance of context now - there was also no discussion of the "illegality or otherwise" of rip-offs in Africa or Antarctica. There's potential for 2 continents of confusion. Are there other words with dual meanings with which you also have difficulty?

Like them or not, touts do provide a service to those who are willing to pay top-dollar. Some of the outfits who complain most about touts (including various well-known concert promoters) are not exactly renowned for their consumer-friendly ethos either.

I'm just pointing out that there are a myriad of other closely related rip-off situations that we didn't cover in that debate (and by using preposterous examples hopefully emphasising how preposterous your point is).

How exactly is it "preposterous" to suggest that a high price might be just that and not necessarily a rip-off especially given that the consumer can make an informed decision on whether or not to purchase according to their own personal standards/criteria? Is it simply "preposterous" just because you don't agree perhaps?

How exactly is it preposterous to suggest that a high price is just that and not necessarily a rip-off especially given that the consumer can make an informed decision on whether or not to purchase according to their own personal criteria?

Sigh. Context ClubMan, context.

ClubMan has the endurance of a marathon runner on this topic. Unless this is extremely important to you I suggest that you agree to differ. ;)

I thought it was too good to be true when he conceded the point in that previous thread. If there's one thing more annoying than a pedant it is surely a pedant who is wrong ;-)

Back