Rip off Ireland is alive and well and living in the Aviva Stadium

Mpsox

Below is the update from the ticket section of the IRFU website for tickets for the Autumn Rugby Internationals. The prices are bad enough, but what makes it worse is you have to buy a ticket for all 4 matches. Hence for me and Mrs Sox to go, it would cost €680

Maybe we'll make a weekend away of it instead and go to Edinburgh and watch Scotland v the All Blacks, top price tickets there are only £45

The Aviva must be some stadium

Ireland v South Africa, Ireland v Samoa, Ireland v New Zealand and Ireland v Argentina.

Tickets for the four November internationals will be sold as a package. Any person wishing to purchase a ticket for any one of the games must also purchase the same ticket for the other three games.

Tickets for these games will be firstly distributed through the provincial branches who will distribute through the rugby clubs in Ireland. The Visiting Unions will also receive an allocation of tickets for their own game which they will distribute directly to their supporters. Should any tickets be returned they will be sold through the Irish Rugby Supporters Club on www.IrishRugby.ie , please keep logged on for up to date information on availability of tickets.
Guinness Series Package
Premium
Stand
Schools
South Africa
Premium 125
Stand 100
School 40
New Zealand
Premium 125
Stand 100
School 40
Argentina
Premium 115
Stand 90
School 35
Samoa
Premium 60
Stand 50
School20
Package Price

This is one of the things that annoy me about the football matches also. You have to buy the tickets for 2 or 3 matches at the one time, even though you may be unable to go to all of the games.
I go to all the home games but I am waiting to see the prices for the upcoming qualifiers.
I went to an away trip for the Italy game for the first time last year and it was fantastic. I am considering not going to the home games and going to one away trip per campaign with the money I would save.

It's hardly 'news'; the IRFU sold tickets on this basis in the old Lansdowne. Prices have changed, but so too has the venue.

According to Ken Early of Newstalk, a chicken sandwich at the RoI Argentina game cost €7.50 .

Flights and accomodation are already booked for Edinburgh. It may be some time before I get to attend a match at the new Lansdowne Road.

I don't understand it for those games. They would sell out New Zealand and South Africa as stand alone games. They would probably sell out Argentina on it's own as well considering the history between the sides but I might just accept that as part of a package with the Samoa game. Having said that, they could have moved the Samoa game to Munster or Ulster and got the crowd.

I hate the way this has crept into ticketing. It is very unfair on people from outside Dublin.

And the Aviva is not worth the fuss being made. Looks nice from the outside and by all accounts has wonderful medical facilities for the players but is just your usual stadium with overpriced food and drinks that you can't even bring to you seat.

Alive and well in Croke Park too!

€45 plus €4.50 booking fee for an all ireland semi final! No matter where you sit in the ground!

Kids tickets are cheap though in fairness.

I must say I thought the 9 match season ticket for the football is great value at euro 395 , our seats are in the Upper East stand directly looking over the half way line.

It's not so much Rip Off Ireland, as Rip Me Off Ireland. The only reasons prices are mad like that is that enough people are willing to pay for them.

Also, RSA have announced that they'll be leaving most of the first-choice players at home for this tour. Don't be surprised if NZ do the same.

Do you want to pay those prices to watch 'A' opposition teams ?

I go to all the home games but I am waiting to see the prices for the upcoming qualifiers.

Already announced and Andorra tickets are on sale. Qualifiers will be €50 or €70. The block booking scheme is fully subscribed and the waiting list suspended due to demand, so there won't be a lot going on general sale.

Thanks Leo. Same prices as Croke Park so.
I'm surprised at the demand given there are no real glamour teams in the group. I thought FAI would struggle to fill the stadium at those type of prices.

Yeah, same here. I think the season ticket price and the novelty of the new stadium played an important role there. Worked on me anyway

Having gone to almost all the rugby games in Croke Park, I won't be forking out those prices for the games in the Aviva.

Don't worry about getting tickets for the soccer. I have it on good account that there won't be a shortage!

I've stopped going to Rugby matches in Dublin. prices are about 3 times what they should be.

As a Leinster season ticket holder I'm happy that I'm going to get to see the new stadium when we play Munster in October. There is no way in hell am I paying the prices asked for the Ireland 'friendly' games. Well done to the IRFU for shafting the fans just as the game is becoming increasingly popular.

Hoefully I'll be doing the same but in the red jersey. Unfortunately I'll be there as well at the end of Sept at the Buble concert. Have to mind the expectant missus at it.