Ringtone Download Problem

MissRibena

Hi all

I'm a bit embarrassed to admit that a) I'm trying to download a ringtone and b) I'm having trouble doing it.

I have a Nokia 6230i. I want a particular ringtone which I can only find on [broken link removed]. My phone should be compatible. I did think it might be restricted to Vodafone customers only (I am O2) but I can't find anything that confirms that.

Does anyone know why every time I try to text the code to the number, the message fails?

Thanks
Rebecca

MissRibena said:
Does anyone know why every time I try to text the code to the number, the message fails?

It most likely because you're not Vodafone that the message isn't being received. O2 probably doesn't recognise the premium number that you're sending the text to, and is disregarding it because it doesn't know what to do with it.

ronan_d_john said:
It most likely because you're not Vodafone that the message isn't being received. O2 probably doesn't recognise the premium number that you're sending the text to, and is disregarding it because it doesn't know what to do with it.
Ronan D John is right. Premium number "short codes" must be registered with RegTel and are operator-specific. O2-promoted ones are unlikely to work with Vodafone and same for Vodafone live! ones. Third party service providers sometimes register 5 digit short codes with all 3 (or 4) operators.

So, you will need to either find the operator on Vodafone's live! service or via an independent SP.

Or buy the song on iTunes and stick it on your phone. Oh, if only! Why do Digital Rights Management succeed only in p1ssing off the very paying customers they are trying to retain?

Ok thanks guys. I guess I'll just keep rooting around for the song with other ringtone providers.

Rebecca

Back